Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Difficulty opening up Oscar
Difficulty opening up Oscar
Installed Oscar yesterday no problem.  Today tried to look at yesterday’s data took 6 tries for program to finally open.  Kept trying to open up then shuts down.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Difficulty opening up Oscar
which version are you using?

could be a variety of things. I'm sure you'll hear from the more computer literate folks before long. meanwhile, for general info, 2 things that have happened to me:

mine crashed while displaying a progress bar for preloading summaries. I read someone else crashed loading profiles. the solution for the first one was initially to turn off preload summaries in preferences. since then they've id'ed multi threading as the culprit so turning that off instead of or along with preload summaries, or updating to v 1.0.1 should help.

mine also crashed after initially downloading data from the sd card instead of migrating. one of the problems that caused was the addition of an empty record dated 12/31/69, which appeared after the first restart of the program. the only way I know to avoid that is to migrate instead of getting data initially from the sd card.

other things I've read here recently: someone updated their graphics driver and bios; others have tried switching graphics engines. there are 3 graphics options in preferences/appearance.

I assume you are looking for solutions but maybe just reporting? I don't know if any of this is relevant as you didn't provide much to go on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleepless I will try those suggestions.  It actually failed on preloading summaries
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2019, 04:17 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Thanks sleepless I will try those suggestions.  It actually failed on preloading summaries

Make sure your running the latest version of OSCAR download again if your not sure
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks jaswilliams will do.
Post Reply Post Reply
yankees123 - please reply and let us know if upgrading to OSCAR 1.0.1 solves your issue.

Thanks.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Supersleeper it has solved the issue.  Sorry didn't see your message until now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR stuck on opening kenhh 2 593 10-06-2023, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Opening OSCAR on a MacBook Air with OS Ventura 13.2.1 VAUser 37 2,100 04-30-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Solved]: OSCAR-Opening a second profile - Font messes up KeepSmiling 5 728 09-30-2022, 02:40 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Sleepyhead quit opening after early June update 2SleepBetta 3 1,800 06-22-2017, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sleepyhead not opening Microvent 1 1,478 10-30-2015, 09:29 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  Why does Sleepyhead keep opening in the year 2106? dozydave 6 2,513 05-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Last Post: kdmorris410

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.