Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar bug report: Oximeter flagging wrong
Oscar bug report: Oximeter flagging wrong
If my understanding of the oximeter flags is correct, OSCAR has a bug.

Attached image preferences.png

shows that I have set the thresholds for the SpO2 and pulse change rate flags detection 10 times higher than the standard values, so there should be no detections.

As you can see in SpO2Flag.png and and PulseFlag.png (combined into flags.png, because of forum limits)

I have placed the SpO2 Flag on the SpO2 plot, and the Pulse flag on the Pulse Rate plot.

But plot.png

shows detections of both the SpO2 Flag and the Pulse rate Flag. Notice that the plotted values are within appropriate thresholds, as are the 8 second averaged derivatives.

Perhaps the fact that my pulse oximeter quantizes SpO2 and pulse rate to integral values is the problem?

Perhaps the software uses deviations from a curve fit instead of averaged first differences? But expand.png

and WholeNight.png

show that there is no larger time trend on an expanded time axis, unless the fit doesn't kill outliers that occurred substantially earlier. (I was asleep from about 1:20 AM to about 4:15 AM. The gaps in the flow rate were for using the bathroom, and messing with pillows, a ZEO EEG, and sleep related smartphone software. The gap in the oximetry data occurred because it fell off my finger. Sad

(WholeNight.png, unlike the other images, was done with the default oximeter flag limits, and with Custom CPAP User Event Flagging turned on.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar bug report: Oximeter flagging wrong
Actually, the flags with default thresholds and my altered thresholds look very similar - how odd. Maybe OSCAR ignores Oximeter threshold changes?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 151 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 200 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 204 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,419 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 160 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 162 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 618 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.