Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar calendar button stuck
Oscar calendar button stuck
I just had the right arrow button for month on the calendar get stuck on. Nothing I did stopped it. It rapidly got to the year 2039 and it only stopped when I closed out the program. 

Just letting you know
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar calendar button stuck
Windows 7-64 and Linux Mint 19.3-64 - Could not replicate your problem. Please describe your platform and the steps that were used to induce this.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=18890]

I clicked the right arrow to move to the next month and it stayed "pressed" and just kept rapidly going through the months all the way to 2039 by the time I closed the program. It did it again shortly after I posted this.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried and tried again.  I even went back a ways and got a running start but as soon as I released the mouse button it stopped.  How old is your mouse?  Do you have another one laying around that you could try?  The only outlier is the OS that I'm testing on.  Sorry but I don't have a Mac.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I've heard of this problem with OSCAR on macOS before. It may be a Qt bug.

I don't remember the exact reproduction scenario, but I think it had to do with foreground/background applications. Maybe bringing OSCAR to the foreground with the click that gets stuck? Or maybe clicking in a chart and dragging over the button? If we could reliably reproduce it, we could work on squashing the bug.
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s definitely the software. I use the trackpad and just tap to click. The button changes to have a circle around it and stays that way as I move the cursor around clicking on just about everything trying to stop it until I close Oscar out and open it up again. It’s never done it before and I’ve been using that button a lot going back and forth. I did click on the left arrow to try and stop it and as long as I held down the left arrow it stopped going forward but as soon as I released it it started rapidly going into the future ticking through the years. 

It only did it today as I was going through taking screenshots of each day so I can have them on my phone. When I got to the end of November instead of clicking the greyed out 1st of December and having it just go to December I clicked the arrow. I did the same to go to January and it did it again. It’s definitely not the hardware, if it was it would do it elsewhere and it doesn’t. 

I’m just pointing out that it happened so if it comes up again from someone, there will be an instance of it happening before. Like I said I’ve used that button hundreds of times and business as usual except for today.

This is the desktop trackpad I’m using btw not on a MacBook. If it does it again I’ll let you know.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just tried to replicate it. I held down on the arrow and it rapidly moved into the future but as soon as I move the curser it stops. During the glitch or whatever it was I was moving the cursor all over clicking trying to stop it
Post Reply Post Reply
Sawinglogz I missed your post. That’s exactly what I was doing. I was going between Oscar, photos and documents.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just replicated this bug.
With OSCAR running open Finder then navigate to the OSCAR_Data/Screenshots folder. Double click any screenshot to open it in Preview. Close the Preview window (either Command-W or the red X). Then click directly on the right arrow month advance icon and the calendar fast forwards continuously. Can only stop it by closing OSCAR. I can reproduce this everytime I tried.

Also happens when I have a Finder window open and try clicking the OSCAR month advance icon.

If I click anywhere else in the OSCAR window first (change focus), it doesn't happen. Seems that OSCAR likes to be brought to the front before changing the date(s).
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
@Jeff8356, thank you for coming up with a reproducible test case! Which version of OSCAR are you running when this happens? And from your signature I presume this is on Catalina?

@Osiris357, do Jeff's instructions work for your reliably? If so, which version of OSCAR are you running and which version of macOS?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuck in previous pressure settings. ejbpesca 9 1,028 10-16-2023, 06:37 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  OSCAR stuck on opening kenhh 2 588 10-06-2023, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  ResScan 5.9.0.9629 Report Date Stuck Fran 2 772 10-07-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Fran
  Oscar is stuck cataloging EDF files Local Girl 5 1,241 04-25-2022, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Local Girl
  Valid Range hightlighting for Overview's Popout Calendar Widgets LoudSnorer 1 537 03-05-2022, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Calendar not working? Nightynite 2 619 01-26-2022, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  OSCAR CALENDAR DATE DONT MATCH miguelrtrindade 2 652 07-05-2021, 08:19 PM
Last Post: theunk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.