Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar causing Right click on desktop on windows 11 to crash Explore?
Oscar causing Right click on desktop on windows 11 to crash Explore?
So after using Oscar if I try right clicking on my desktop on Windows 11 explore just crashes and reboots effectively making right click useless on the desktop until I log out and back into the computer killing whatever Oscar may be running in the background. Is there any fix to this or do I just have to log out and back into my computer every time I am done using Oscar? 

On a side note The titles of the graphs over lap the numbers on the Y axis, how do I get those titles to move further over so they don't block the numbers?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar causing Right click on desktop on windows 11 to crash Explore?
Do you have a high-resolution monitor? That can cause aN appearance problem on Windows.

If so, go to the OSCAR Troubleshooting Wiki and see the section on "OSCAR Graphics Problems."

Let us know if this is a better solution to your problem.

I have not seen a report of a right click on the desktop causing a problem. After you exit OSCAR, if you open Task Manager, does it show that OSCAR is till running? If it does, trying terminating OSCAR from the task manager and let us know if the right click problem is fixed.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks that graphics problems part did help with the graph labels over lapping and is working good now. As for the right click issue trying to find a solution to that it looks like it is not a totally uncommon issue for Windows 10 & 11 to have so it might just be totally circumstantial that it started around the same time, if it isn't a known bug on the programs end then there is a good chance it is just Windows being Windows, I might try rolling back to see if maybe one of the dlls is conflicting with one of my drivers causing windows to freak out, but if this bug hasn't been reported before I am willing to bet a nickel that it is probably a Windows issue then.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2022, 05:36 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Do you have a high-resolution monitor? That can cause aN appearance problem on Windows.

If so, go to the OSCAR Troubleshooting Wiki and see the section on "OSCAR Graphics Problems."

Let us know if this is a better solution to your problem.

I have not seen a report of a right click on the desktop causing a problem. After you exit OSCAR, if you open Task Manager, does it show that OSCAR is till running? If it does, trying terminating OSCAR from the task manager and let us know if the right click problem is fixed.

Update: Since I am not seeing a way to edit my original quest I will just put the update here, after playing around a bit with Windows and testing other things that might have caused the issue I found that Explorer crashed on right click while the SD card was mounted and in use and/or if I used the SD card and then just pulled it out but the issue resolved when going in the task bar and clicking "safely dismount drive", so while it does seem somewhat tied to using the program because it doesn't freak out about the SD card prior to opening the program it is an issue mainly on the Windows side and not the program side so there is a decent possibility that maybe just one of the dll files is conflicting with my SD card readers drivers and causing the issue. But either way I found the solution to the problem and while the program is partially at fault it is primarily a Windows 11 issue and not an issue of the program itself.

So if anyone else runs into the same issue I would suggest maybe trying to "safely eject" your SD card after using the program to grab the data from it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,374 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 427 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 310 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 746 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  wifi EzShare SD Card for Windows 11 Home Greg1582378 3 832 09-23-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Crash on Oximeter Import TiredUser 22 4,103 06-22-2023, 11:42 AM
  Successfully installed InfoSmart on Windows 10 DrmWEaver 5 2,377 12-07-2022, 09:24 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.