Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar complaining about replacement DreamStation
Oscar complaining about replacement DreamStation
Not sure if this indicates a problem yet, but after swapping my DreamStation auto for a replacement (received direct from Philips), Oscar complained about importing date it had never seen before and suggested the data accuracy might not be correct. It prompted me to allow creating a zip file for the developers, but I can’t locate it on my computer.

Oscar statistics are showing me it properly recorded the model, settings, and serial number (matches the info I scanned before putting it in service). Oscar version is 1.1.1, and the “new” (recycled) unit is showing software version 1.2.0.3418. The DreamStation I took out of service was showing version 1.1.8.

Just for good measure before switching the machines I refreshed Oscar data, manually transmitted the CPAP data back to my DME, and duplicated the SD card before starting the replacement machine.

Is Oscar having a bad day, or is that routine when Oscar sees new data from a machine it had not seen before?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar complaining about replacement DreamStation
Did you reuse your old SD card or a new blank one? If you reused the old SD card, did you reformat it to clear previous data that was associated with the other's serial number?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I did reuse the card. And no, I did not reformat it.

The rocket scientists at my current DME gave me a “new” SD card with the previous new DreamStation CPAP with data from three other machines (could have been between 1 and 3 previous patients’ CPAP data, and the activity dates went back at least 3 years). I need my data in one place so my physician can get to it easily and look back 6 months or more.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have data on the card and need it,
  1. Purge the imported data in your profile, or create a new profile.
  2. Go to File ⇾ Preferences ⇾ Import (Default tab).
  3. In the option, Do not import sessions older than, set the date to the first night you used the CPAP.
  4. Import the CPAP's data from the SD card.
  5. Now, format the SD card to a FAT32 (if you have format options).  This will eliminate all data, so all new entries will be yours.
  6. Place the newly formatted card in your CPAP, so it can finalize the writing of the SD card's file structure.
You should be good to go.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And please send us a zip of your new card! Help > Troubleshooting > Create zip of CPAP data card, then choose where to save the zip so that you can upload it to our Dropbox.
Post Reply Post Reply
To what address would that be?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you missed my last post where I made it clear, NO, this will never happen.

Also, your instructions how to format the SD card are not exactly correct. The original Philips branded Lexar cards (Philips p/n: 1063859) come formatted with 4k clusters. New Lexar 2GB cards (not Philips) I bought on Amazon were already formatted with 8k clusters (difficult to find these cards anywhere else). Windows disk format sometimes defaults to 8k clusters for those 2 GB cards, which will eventually slow down CPAP data access. Format from Windows Explorer shows it as a selectable option, and the dos shell format switch would be /A:4096.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe this is the correct repository: https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Also note that OSCAR 1.1.1 is quite old. 1.3.1 is current, though it might bark about firmware 1.2 as well.

I know I added support somewhat recently, but I don’t remember whether that was before or after the 1.3.1 release.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR and DreamStation 2 sallym 11 592 Yesterday, 01:20 AM
Last Post: sallym
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,252 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
  Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement [Solved, see post #4] DaKitty 4 761 05-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1 JshMD 2 953 04-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Aces
  Why does Oscar Display Pressure, EPAP IPAP on Dreamstation Bipap pressure Graph microvax 5 803 02-27-2023, 04:47 AM
Last Post: microvax
  DreamStation 2 and Oscar rogerded1 51 9,508 02-26-2023, 02:57 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  SD WiFi Replacement Gideon 35 3,587 07-02-2022, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Boon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.