Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar data help
Oscar data help
Hi guys,

I'm new here. I downloaded OSCAR the other day and I was wondering if you guys could help me make sense of the results. I am using a Resmed Airsense 10 autoset. My untreated AHI was 17.4. My pressure settings are 7-12 cmH20. My EPR is set at 3.

I think the data looks ok but I'm not too sure. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar data help
i would love that, if it were mine. looks good, especially if you also feel like you got good sleep.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers look good. I suggest turning off ramp. It shouldn't be needed at the low pressures your running. EPR of 3 would reduce your flow limits but there not bad no.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers look great. Congratulations!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your data looks fine. It's how well you're sleeping and you feel everyday that is the question.

You can have a low AHI, but not feel rested, or a bit higher AHI and feel great.

The reason I state the above is that you show several breaks in therapy during the night. You'll have to figure out why that is, but your numbers look good.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2021, 10:44 PM)Melman Wrote: Your numbers look good. I suggest turning off ramp. It shouldn't be needed at the low pressures your running. EPR of 3 would reduce your flow limits but there not bad 
Oh ok gothca. Thanks for the advice!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2021, 08:39 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Your data looks fine.  It's how well you're sleeping and you feel everyday that is the question.  

You can have a low AHI, but not feel rested, or a bit higher AHI and feel great.

The reason I state the above is that you show several breaks in therapy during the night.  You'll have to figure out why that is, but your numbers look good.

Thank you for the reply. 

I'm sleeping ok, not great. For the day I posted the data of, I slept well and felt good in the morning, but I've had a couple days with the similar data but haven't been feeling the best (headache, fatigue.) 

I think the breaks are due to me getting up several times to drink water as I usually get pretty bad dry mouth and throat. I've been using tape to keep my mouth shut which has helped a little but im still waking up a couple times a night to drink water which leads to me waking up even more to go to the washroom. Not sure what other options I have to help the dry mouth.

Thanks again!

(10-25-2021, 10:52 PM)clownbell Wrote: Your numbers look great. Congratulations!!

Thanks for the reply!

(10-25-2021, 09:13 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: i would love that, if it were mine.  looks good, especially if you also feel like you got good sleep.

QAL

For that particular day I felt good but since then I've had similar data but haven't been feeling the best. Maybe I just have to get used to the machine.

Thank you for the reply!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 35 2 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 105 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 403 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 141 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.