Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar data storage
Oscar data storage
Hello im trying to locate where Oscar stores my data(path). Can't locate the path by using menu items
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar data storage
There should be an OSCAR data folder in you documents folder'
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Melman
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2019, 10:04 AM)Hip2bsquare Wrote: Hello im trying to locate where Oscar stores my data(path). Can't locate the path by using menu items

Help/About and click on "Show data folder" on the right side of the About window.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello to all

Is there any way to change the folder used by Oscar? I would like to have it as a onedrive folder allowing me simple access from 2 different computers

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The easiest way is simply to move the OSCAR_Data folder to your new location. Then start OSCAR. OSCAR will think the database does not exist and offer to create one. Respond "no". OSCAR will then open a file manager window and you can then navigate to the new folder's location and OSCAR will use and remember that data folder.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
... from experience: do not use cloud storage! Either it is not updated when you want it, or it is vanished to the cloud and not on your PC anymore... OSCAR is not capable to work with this, just like most other non-cloud native programs!

I could not find any cloud storage that does not suffer from this Wink
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello

I did move the folder Oscar data on the first computer to the local onedrive folder and then redirected Oscar to it ==> Works great
I then went on the second computer which sees the same onedrive directories. I ensured that the Oscar data folders were available locally. But whenver I start Oscar, I get the message below

I tired uninstalling and re-installig Oscar on the second computer, but the same error comes out when I launch it.

So even if I don't get the details, I  think I agree with A Klerk that oscar is not tailored for cloud services

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It is certainly true that OSCAR is not tailored for cloud services!

My OSCAR_Data folder is in the Documents folder and the that folder is on OneDrive. So it is definitely possible for the data to reside on a OneDrive folder. I keep it there primarily as an additional backup mechanism, not for access from another computer.

I would not trust OneDrive as a method for sharing OSCAR_Data because there are so many files in OSCAR_Data that maintaining two computers exactly in sync could be problematic.

Do you use the same account name on both machines? That might be necessary.

In the past, I have shared an OSCAR_Data folder over a local network, using normal network access protocols (for example, a shared folder in Windows). That worked. (It was a while ago that I did that, so it might even have been a SleepyHead folder.)
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello

As I am still unable to open Oscar on the second computer, because it tries to open the Oscar Data Folder on onedrive, generated and used by the first computer, for whatever reason it can't and so it stops,  I am now trying to set up Oscar on the second computer with a fresh new data folder

But every time I start it (after uninstalling and reinstalling), I get the message that Oscar can't write to the data folder (which is the one on Ondrive), and stops

So it seems I have a parameter somewhere which, even after uninstalling Oscar, keeps memory of where the Oscar Data is, and when reinstalling, does not propose me for the option to create another one
Any idea on how I could overcome this and make a fresh install (program and folders) of Oscar?

Thanks for your help
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 98 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.