Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar does not recognise O2 Ring
Oscar does not recognise O2 Ring
Have tried numerous times. O2 ring recognised by computer but not by Oscar. I have a different problem that might be related- O2 Software now fails to download data from ring which shows as connected. I receive a message  Create file failed. 
Have uninstalled and installed Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) and (X64).
Any Googling of Create file failed refers to Cheat Sheets for games- have no time for those kinds of games Bigwink

Clearly I am in no-man's land.......... Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar does not recognise O2 Ring
OSCAR does not directly connect to a Wellue/Viatom device. You must use the manufacturer's supplied software to download the device's data, then import this data into OSCAR.

Here is the link of how to do it: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ile_Import
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2022, 05:13 PM)Sheila Wrote: ...O2 Software now fails to download data from ring which shows as connected. I receive a message  Create file failed. ...

Your O2 software, is it O2 Insight Pro???   Try re-installing the latest version

"Create file failed" could possibly be a Windows permissions issue.  Re-installing the O2 software may fix it.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is the O2 Insight Pro failing, did you change its data directory location? Look under the "Options" tab for is location.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I have attempted several times to send this reply. SuperSleeper has sorted out the problem related to posting a response.
In answer to your suggestion, it appears that location of the data file is the issue.
I have reinstalled O2 Insight Pro-several times in fact. Email discussion with manufacturer seems to point to the location of the data file on my computer- My Data File attached.

The Manufacturer's rep suggests a new file on desktop- Suggestion Catch attached

However, I need the following Wiki instruction confirmed. Is this where I ran into trouble?

Windows PC
  1. Download and install Viatom's free O2 Insight Pro software. [link]

2. Connect your oximeter to your PC with the USB cable that came with your oximeter. The O2 Insight Pro window should say "Device connected" in the bottom right corner. Viatom's software cannot connect via Bluetooth. You must use the proprietary USB cable that came with your oximeter.

3. Click Download.
The downloaded session files will be stored in C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Local\O2 Insight Pro\DATA\SerlalNumber.
Is SerlalNumber the correct spelling?

I have tried nothing so far as I have been in combat with Apnea Board that refused me permission to post several times. I hope SuperSleeper has been successful in clearing the jam.
Cheers

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
"SerialNumber"  is not the directory name, it is a placeholder in the string path.  This name should be replaced with the actual serial number of your O2 device.  The second image showing a directory location of "G:/Datalog/220116" in your images looks like you are trying to use the Resmed's SD card as a storage location. DO NOT use the SD card to store your O2 data files.  Create a directory off of your C:\ drive, using the O2 device's serial number.   Enter this path in the Insight Pro program.

Also, It appears that you are using a Windows operating system. The drives are being displayed as letters (G:\). You need to use backslashes (\) and not forward slashes (/) to separate directories in the path.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
But it is misspelled. Hence the confusion that it had a meaning other than 'Serial'.
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
I apologise. I did not see the whole of your response. All you say makes sense and I think I understand much better what the process should have been. Clearly, I was at sea. What puzzles me is that I did not set up G:/Datalog/220116. It simply appeared. The unusual spelling for what I thought must be 'Serial' certainly put me on the wrong path.
Thank you for the information. I hope to sort it all out tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
I own an old LOOKEE O2Ring Pulse Oximeter.  Using "O2 Insight Pro v1.7" on Windows 10 laptop connected by LOOKEE's proprietary USB cable I can download my Pulse Oximeter data into the O2 Insight application, then export each night's data as a PDF, and after loading my ResMed 11 SD card into Oscar, I can use the Import Viatom/Wellue Data function in the Oscar Data tab to integrate each night's Pulse Oximeter data into the Oscar Report.

It works very well.  It even includes its data in the Events section for understanding if there is an Sp02 impact from Apnea events.

The current Lookee O2Ring oximeter costs about $cdn229.  Of course mine cost me about half that 3 or 4 years ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using Lookee O2 Ring since Oscar added Oximetry Wizard for Viatom/Wellue.
It is a convoluted process, but works like a charm.
Here's how:

1) Load your CPAP SD card so Oscar has your CPAP numbers.
2) Run O2 Insight Pro and in my case use Lookee's "proprietary" USB cable to connect to PC,
3) Select Download and data is imported from O2 Ring
4) Select your sleep date (left hand column) and it shows your O2 levels.
5) Select Save as PDF (ex.. SleepO2-20220317230135_OXIRecord.pdf)
     O2 Insight Pro names the file... this one was for March 17
6) In Oscar, view the corresponding Daily sleep report that you loaded in (1)
7) In Oscar, select DATA, IMPORT VIATOM/WELLUE  and select the
    corresponding date file created by O2 Insight
     ex:  20220317230135 which corresponds to the data from (5)
8) ALL DONE...

At the bottom of the Daily Report will be Graphic Charts for 
Motion, Pulse Rate and SPO2 level

and just above Machine Settings you will find 

Oximeter Information

Viatom 

SpO2 Desaturations: 0 (0.00%) 0.00/h
Pulse Change events: 39 (1.17%) 5.25/h
SpO2 Baseline Used: 99.00%

As I indicated, convoluted, but consistent.
I hope this helps.   

Forgot to say, O2 Insight Pro is freely available from Viatom/Wellue
You can download it from their website.

Mike

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uploading Wellue O2 Ring Data to Oscar ggs5 8 643 03-09-2024, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Caution: Wellue O2 Ring - Time Sync hybernate 9 1,296 03-04-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 508 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,431 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
  Syncing O2 Ring and CPAP clocks coldfeet7 16 1,941 09-27-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  How to set up O2 ring for 2nd user BlueSky1958 8 1,381 06-05-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Syncing Wellue Oxygen Ring with Resmed Machine SleeplessInPain 6 1,342 05-16-2023, 08:22 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.