Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar export of contained pulse ox data
Oscar export of contained pulse ox data
Greetings,  
Since June 20, I have been using the Phillips DreamStation APAP replacing my PRS 1. I used Sleepyhead before and Oscar now. I use the export function to extract the data into a spreadsheet within which I do my "analysis". I have begun the nightly use of pulse ox and adding the data to Oscar. Precision is not my goal but the repetitive collection of similarly obtained data is. My question is:
Is there a clear way to extract the Oscar data containing the pulse ox data? A separate extraction would work fine. So is there a way to identify the data positions much like for example,
"FL Count
SA Count
NR Count
EP Count
LF Coun
UF1 Count
UF2 Count"
which are extracted?
I am not recommending a modification to Oscar because the "need" is quite limited. What I would like is sufficient knowledge of the way the Oscar data is accessed to produce the export so that I might use or develop an "extraction" tool that I could use for my extended export of pulse ox.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar export of contained pulse ox data
Sadly, there's not a good way to export high-resolution data out of OSCAR currently.

Also, the various calculated oximetry events are probably not accurate, so there's not much use in exporting those.

OSCAR's internal data structure is complicated, both for good reasons and for bad ones. We're in the process of excising the bad reasons before (hopefully) converting it to a proper database. At that point extracting whatever you want would be much more straightforward.

In the mean time, being open source, you can always build a version yourself to add additional functionality. You can even submit a patch if you think it would be useful in the official release.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar export of contained pulse ox data
Thank you - such a straight forward answer, unfortunately.  But perhaps there is some near term "hope". The output I am looking to get need not be precise but hopefully repeatable so that the same input creates the same output as I assume it does in Oscar.

My skill level is very low and the hoped for technique would be something like: the current export function says for a=1 to n, write the data in cell a to the export file. AND my clever change would be to change a=1 to n to say for a=1 to n+6 where the next 6 cells store the desired data. ALAS, this has already stretched my capability.
I will now wish you well in excising the "bad reasons" and look forward to the conversion to a proper database.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 221 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 97 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.