Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar file management on two computers
Oscar file management on two computers
I've been searching for an answer to the following question and I'm not really getting any success, particularly in my situation.

So, I've got two computers, one a laptop and the other a desktop.  The laptop has a built in SD card reader, so I use that computer when I upload my daily data.  My desktop is on my network, and basically used for other tasks, but I do have a copy of Oscar, and when I'm in the mood I'd like to look at the data that I've uploaded to my laptop.

I've shared the folder on my laptop, allowing security access.  I can see the folder on my desktop, and when I call up Oscar's file import, and point to the drive and folder location on the laptop, it notifies me that "no supported data was found   z:/".

What am I doing wrong?

I read somewhere that I should give the laptop a static IP, why is that?

Your help is appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar file management on two computers
There are several ways to get access to your laptop data from OSCAR on your desktop. You don't need a static IP; whether the IP is static or dynamic doesn't matter. You mention drive z:\, so I will assume you are using Windows. The answer is the same for other operating systems, but the details may differ.

1) Import your OSCAR backup data from the laptop to the desktop.

or

2) Access your laptop OSCAR_Data folder directly from your desktop.

Importing is straightforward but you will have to repeat the process when you want to look at newer data from the laptop. On your desktop, select Import and then click on Specify to tell OSCAR where to import the data from. Navigate to the OSCAR_Data directory on your laptop, then Profiles directory, then your profile, then your machine and select the Backups folder. OSCAR will import data from the backups folder on your laptop. Do this again when there is new data on the laptop that you want to see on the desktop.

You could also copy your OSCAR_Data directory from the laptop to the OSCAR_Data directory on your desktop. But you won't be able to update the desktop version directly, so this is not a good solution for repetitive updates.

You can access the database on your laptop directly from the desktop. The easiest way to do that is to delete OSCAR_Data on the desktop, start OSCAR, and when it offers to create OSCAR_Data for you, respond No. Then navigate to OSCAR_Data on the laptop and tell it to use that database.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar file management on two computers
Thank you Guy!!

I didn't know which of the folders on my laptop to download from, although I tried different ones, and it was the Profile one that interfaced properly with the desktop Oscar program.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResM AirCurve 11 VAuto - Where to send zip file Empty13220 1 119 04-09-2024, 09:07 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 174 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 689 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,185 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 579 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Exporting Oscar File kevinmallard 2 551 12-19-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: kevinmallard
  sample ChoiceMMed MD300W1 dat file joeblough 1 437 12-02-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: joeblough

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.