Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar glitched or what?
Oscar glitched or what?
Hi everyone,

A problem just popped up.
When I take a screenshot in Oscar, I now get only a portion of the screen (top left corner).
Before today it was OK.
I searched for a setting to change without luck.
Can you help or point me where to look.

Also I think Oscar missed a step.
I had the CPAP (with SD card in) run for the night.
I removed the SD and took a look with Oscar.
All was fine, 3 sessions showing with all the rest.
I put the SD back into the CPAP and later (before noon) I had another sleep.
This time, when I used Oscar, the fourth session is nowhere to be found.
I took the SD out of the laptop and redid the procedure.
A message saying the data is already up-to-date was shown.
Tried viewing the daily again and still no fourth session there.
I need some help for this too.

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar glitched or ?
ResMed's day is from Noon to Noon.

Did any part of your nap occur after Noon? If so, any sleep after Noon will be included in the next day.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep was before noon.

When I click to get the following day view, there is none.

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
To get started on helping you, we need the OS you are using, if you are using a UHD monitor, and the OSCAR_Data directory's data path.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What version of OSCAR are you running? A problem with being unable to make a second import of the same day was fixed in OSCAR 1.3.0, so the OSCAR version is the first thing to check.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
And which version of OSCAR you are using.   GuyScharf beat me to it
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using Widows 11 Pro
Working on a Dell XPS 17 9700
Oscar version is 1.3.0

There is a folder Oscar_Data at  C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\Documents
There is a folder Oscar_Data at  C:\Users\Dan\Documents 

Where do I find OSCAR_Data directory's data path

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
It should look like, C:\Users\Dan\Documents\OSACR_Data.  Use Windows Explorer to find the directory.  Enter the OSCAR_Data directory and then click on the address box at the top.  Copy the path that is listed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I looked up your computer, and it is using a UHD monitor.   You need to follow the steps listed here: Link: Wiki - OSCAR Graphics Problems

Also, Windows 11 is so new that it may exhibit undocumented behavior.  Please keep this in mind as you troubleshoot.

...One final thought; Windows is increasing its system security. You may need to enter its antivirus menu and list OSCAR and its data directory as being exempt from being monitored.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:You need to follow the steps listed here: Link: Wiki - OSCAR Graphics Problems

Was done, screenshot still not working properly

Quote:There is a folder Oscar_Data at  C:\Users\Dan\Documents

Quote:It should look like, C:\Users\Dan\Documents\OSACR_Data

Use Windows Explorer to find the directory.  Enter the OSCAR_Data directory and then click on the address box at the top.  Copy the path that is listed.

The path is: C:\Users\Dan\Documents\OSACR_Data

I wrote "folder" but should have written "directory".

I have Avast Free antivirus
Need to see if I can set exception rules

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.