Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar glitched or what?
RE: Oscar glitched or what?
Quote:[attachment=39091][attachment=39091]Also I think Oscar missed a step.
I had the CPAP (with SD card in) run for the night.
I removed the SD and took a look with Oscar.
All was fine, 3 sessions showing with all the rest.
I put the SD back into the CPAP and later (before noon) I had another sleep.
This time, when I used Oscar, the fourth session is nowhere to be found.
I took the SD out of the laptop and redid the procedure.
A message saying the data is already up-to-date was shown.
Tried viewing the daily again and still no fourth session there.
I need some help for this too.

It happened again this morning the last session is missing in Oscar after I removed the SD card, worked with it and then put it back in for another sleep.

Last missing session was before noon.

Any idea of the cause and/or how to fix it?

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
Like a PC, I would recommend try a CPAP reboot after reinserting the SD card and using it again. The reboot should cause the CPAP to reread the SD card. The worst thing to happen is you still have this problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Crimson Nape.

If I read you right I should:
  1. Put the SD card in the CPAP
  2. Use the CPAP for a new session
  3. Reboot the CPAP
  4. Check that the last session is shown in Oscar
BUT, 

Take a look at the list of edf files in the DATALOG/last day registered.

1. If I am right, one session writes up four (4) files and there are 20 files listed so there are 5 sessions on the SD card.
  2. Oscar shows only 4 sessions.
  3. Looking at the date of those files, they are all approximately 7 hours later than my real time.
  4. That time lag puts the last session past noon.
  5. What does Oscar do with that?
I am thinking the problem comes from the wrong time stamp for the files.

I checked on the CPAP for a time setting but did not find any.
How can I reset the AirSense 11 to the right time?

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
That is not what I meant to be implied.  I mean, after downloading the data and reinserting the SD card into your CPAP, reboot the CPAP.  You will do this before you use the CPAP for the next session.

You can only set an AS11 to a timezone. This will require reformatting the SD card, thus losing any data it contains. You may wish to make a backup of it prior to doing this.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I reboot the AS11?

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
Unplug it from its power source. Wait about 30 seconds to a minute before plugging it back in.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I mean, after downloading the data and reinserting the SD card into your CPAP, reboot the CPAP.  You will do this before you use the CPAP for the next session.

Unplug it from its power source. Wait about 30 seconds to a minute before plugging it back in.

I did as instructed and did a test run.
I checked the date-time stamp on the files.
There is a difference of 5 hours between the files date-time and the real date-time.  Huh

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
Seeing your location's timezone as being GMT-5, are your file time/date stamps 5 hours older than your current time?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
In the SETTINGS folder there is a file called CurrentSettings.json. It is one very long line of text, which is a nuisance, but most editors will wrap it so you can see all of it. Look for the text "TimeZoneOffset" and see what comes after. It might be 0:00 or a negative number of hours:minutes. I'd like to know what the file name time, the actual time, and that time zone offset.

Based on what I have seen from other AS11 owners, I suspect you are in the Eastern time zone and the reported offset is 0:00. Please let me know if I am right or wrong. The time handling for AS11 machines depends on this.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My time zone is (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US and Canada).

The test I did was run on 2022-01-19 14:04.

The date/time stamped in the files is  2022-01-19 19:04.
So the stamp is 5 hours after the real time.

In the CurrentSettings.json file before the reboot, the parameter setting is: 
"TimeZoneFeature":{"TimeZoneOffset":"-05:00"}
This seems OK for my location.

In the CurrentSettings.json file after the reboot, the parameter setting is the same.

In Oscar's graphics the time scale is the right one (14:04) so the content of the files is OK. 
Oscar must use the date/time stamp of the files within the routine concerning the day period (from noon to noon).
But why Oscar does not add the missed session to the next day as usual?

The files with the wrong date/time are written by the AS11 thus would not the stamp error be in the AS11 code?

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.