Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar glitched or what?
RE: Oscar glitched or ?
First, the term Folder and Directory are basically interchangeable.

Let's try changing the graphics engine. I use an Nvidia card and for some reason it works perfectly until you take a screenshot and all you get is a black image. Try changing to the software graphics engine. Two ways to change it. 1. Hold the <Shift> key when starting OSCAR. 2. Go to File > Preferences > General > Graphics Engine, then restart OSCAR.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar glitched or ?
Did the following:

SHIFT Key hold down
Start Oscar
Let go SHIFT Key
Go to File/Preferences/General ==> Graphic Engine
Choose one engine
Message to restart Oscar = Yes Now
Oscar restarting

3 choices (Desktop OpenGL, ANGLE / OpenGLES, Software Engine)
Tried all 3 with same procedure

No change to screenshot results   Huh

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar glitched or what?
At this point, I would say that there is a disconnect between Qt (OSCAR's development platform) and the Windows 11 system. You may need to use Window's snipping tool for now.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Grimson Nape.

I consider this issue closed.
Should there be further development on your side, please let me know.

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
More info on Oscar missing a session.

This morning I compared the duration of treatment for the same daily report with data from ResMed myAir.

MyAir shows 6H 12M of usage whilst Oscar shows 4h 41M.

It looks like the SD card was not properly inserted in the CPAP although to get it out was the same (push to release then pull out).

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh hey - someone else earlier this week said they had issues with their AirSense 11 and SDCards not being correctly read. They had to keep reinserting them and popping them out several times to get the machine to recognise them. They were going to reformat the SDCard and test if that resolved it but I don't think we heard back. The thread is here.

Is there any chance you missed the error message popping up saying that it couldn't read the card? Or did you definitely see it say that it was reading the card and then no errors? I'm not sure how the S11 does it, but the S10 (if you forget to turn off the card lock) only displays the error for that for a short time. If you aren't looking you might easily miss it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely no error message.

Got the card out and in 3 - 4 times with always the same results.
No problem getting recognized.
Plus, the incident happened on day marked as Jan 10.  The day after (today) everything working fine and no missed session.

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
Just a thought as the other person's issue was intermittent too. For example, my thinking was if, for some reason, it didn't recognise the SDCard when you returned it after getting the morning data, and therefore didn't record the session in the afternoon, but just the act of taking it out to try to get the nap's data and then returning it allowed it to then be able to read the card, that would explain the missing nap and then also being okay for the next day. Putting the card in after the session won't get the missing data, it has to be recorded in real-time.

I don't know if the machine would update the summary data if you reinserted it into the machine for the missing session or not. And even if it did, I'm not sure if OSCAR would recognise that there was a change if there were no further "full data" files to find, or how it would handle a day with some "full data" sessions and one "summary only" session.

Out of curiosity, did you purge that day's CPAP data before you tried importing it again from the SD Card? I imagine you did, but that's the only other thing I can think of.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know my memory is mixing things up about the AS11, but I remember someone stating that they had to power down the unit while accessing the SD card and wait to power it back up after it had been reinserted. I'm probably wrong on this, but it couldn't hurt to try.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Out of curiosity, did you purge that day's CPAP data before you tried importing it again from the SD Card?

I did not purge anything.
I saw those options in the menu but never tried them not knowing what the purpose was beforehand.

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.