Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar glitched or what?
RE: Oscar glitched or what?
Thank you for the quick response. It looks like the file name time is in UTC rather than local time. This is confusing for me because the other AS11 files I have seen seemed to have local time stamps... I will have to check further before I write more code.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a discussion with my care provider (supplier of the AS11) where they told me that they contacted Resmed and got this reply:

La carte SD utilisé pour faire la lecture des données doit absolument être une carte SD RESMED AIRSENSE 11. Autrement, les données risquent d’être corrompues.
(The SD card used to read the data must absolutely be a RESMED AIRSENSE 11 SD card. Otherwise, the data may be corrupted.)

I am not certain that is correct.

Does it ring a bell on your end?

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
The bell goes CLANG!

I am quite sure ResMed is not making their own cards. Any quality card of at least 2 GB (if you can find one that small) will meet the same specifications as ResMed specified when they went out to buy the lowest cost cards that met the specification.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:the same specifications as ResMed specified when they went out to buy the lowest cost cards that met the specification

I also read this in another post:

Quote:Stick with an SD Card 32 GB (or less) formatted as FAT. exFat and 64 GB are problematic

I tried without luck to find if there are specs for the SD card to use with ResMed AS11.
I am using a SanDisk micro SD card 2 GB and other than the metadata problem discussed earlier, it seems to be working OK.

Is there some documentation on that subject somewhere ?

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
Through my care giver I got a reference to someone at ResMed.

I submitted the problem with the metadata of the .EDF files produced by the AS11.

This is (a translation) the reply I got:

Quote:Only software developed by ResMed for clinicians can be used to download SD cards from all our devices.

Only AirSense 11 SD cards sold by ResMed can be used in an AirSense 11.

Data is corrupted if an SD 11 card is not used and no software other than ResMed is reliable.

Our clinicians are in the best position to answer your questions. Trust them. They are familiar with our devices, our algorithms and our software.

What to say?  Annoyed-and-disappointed

Can you think of a good reply to that ?
Is it worth it to pursue ?

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2022, 05:41 PM)DanEm Wrote: ....
Is it worth it to pursue ?

Honestly, probably not.  It's been done before.  The manufactures do not see us as customers.  It's the DME's and Dr's that they are concerned about, not us.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two things come to mind. First, Resmed isn't going to admit any problem. That would expose them to a liability claim. Second, what will you achieve if you persist, and they admit it? I see this as an exercise in frustration.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are definitely right Crimson Nape, I am frustrated.

Even though it is not  a big deal, if I have a session after the lag in the modified date, I just change the metadada of the .EDF files.

But still, the d... costly thing is not working properly.

Well, after all that I will let it go and just wait and see if you guys can get Oscar to not leave a session behind if it is after that lag.

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
DanEm please make a zip file copy of your SD card (Help->Troubleshooting->Create zip of CPAP data card) and put your AB username in the file name. Then upload it to Guy's Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/request/REp6AH7LCGyeOcXfOokH
Please keep track of your sleep times in the day(s) before you make the zip, as I will want to compare all the dates and times.

I have ResScan 7, so I can see what they think is recorded and compare it with what OSCAR reports. Then I will make the required corrections.

Thanks - pholynyk, OSCAR team developer

Some day I hope to replace my 7 yo AS10 with a new AS11...
Post Reply Post Reply
pholynyk The file DanEm.zip has been uploaded to Guy Scharf Dropbox.

Please note I did make changes to the metadata of files for 20 January but did not keep originals.

You can do whatever you want with the files, I have backups.

In the attached file I have shown some discrepancies

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.