Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar graph axis units
Oscar graph axis units
I love OSCAR but find it curious that there are no units displayed on the graph axes (viewed under DAILY tab.

Might you point me to a document describing the "Units of measure" on the graphs ? ....... for X and Y axis

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar graph axis units
All values, other than respiration, are measured in metric.  The pressure is measured as centimeters of H2O displacement.  The volumes are measured as either milliliters per hour or liters per hour.

You can find more information in our Wiki. The link to it is at the top of every page.
Here is the link to definitions: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Definitions
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With your mouse, hover over the y-axis. A pop-up window will show more information on the y-axis and show the units.

In a few cases, units will be shown as "?". That means the data reported by the CPAP machine is in an unknown scale.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your quick response.

Green and red curves on the "Time at pressure" graph are not clear to me. One is for pressure and the other one is for EPAP.

Is there something written already that will explain their relationship?
I don't want to be a pain to you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
First time at pressure is one I rarely look at as it means little to nothing as I evaluate chart.

EPAP is exhale pressure,
Pressure is Inhale pressure and is often referred to as IPAP.

We see the difference on the pressure chart.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for diluting my ignorance. My questions are resolved now.

I am amazed and pleased to experience such a helpful group as you folks.

Chauncey
Post Reply Post Reply
The time at Pressure graph display the time in minutes that is spent at a specific pressure (bucket).
a pressure bucket is a range of pressures (pressure +- 0.1).
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
GuySharf,

Thanks for the tip ........Hover over Y axis to display units. I didn't see your post until this morning when I logged in.

Once again..... you guys are amazingly helpful....... a nice bunch

Thank you
Chauncey
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 107 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 463 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Oscar graph questions. Bullabill 6 843 09-26-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 853 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin
  No graph in OSCAR Sleepygrl 4 1,965 07-14-2023, 09:38 PM
Last Post: RedMtl
  Graph data missing dalderson66 6 1,214 05-23-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Custom Y-axis Ranges for Graps/Charts ? DavidEsp 5 608 05-08-2023, 01:44 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.