Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar has Wrong Date
Oscar has Wrong Date
I'm new to this. It's currently Saturday morning, here.
My CPAP shows the correct time. (I don't see where it keeps a date.)
My Windows 10 shows correct date/time.
Oscar says the last time I used the CPAP was yesterday (meaning last night, I presume), but says it was THURSDAY instead of (the correct) Friday.
Also, the files on my SD card (as seen by Windows File Explorer) from last night show the "date modified" as today's date, but the time is about 3-4 hours in the future from when I turned off the CPAP.
What's going on here?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar has Wrong Date
Your CPAP might be recording in UTC time, which I think is 6 hours ahead of MDT. I'm not sure why your files would only be 3-4 hours ahead.

If you're willing to provide a .zip of your SD card, I can look into it further. bonjour's dropbox link for sending data to OSCAR developers is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b
Post Reply Post Reply
I would guess your clock or date is wrong on the machine request the Clinical manual from here https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...nual#THREE
Post Reply Post Reply
I (think I) just uploaded it. I apologize - I'm suffering extreme brain fog this week after a med change, and can barely read or write at all.
Add'l info: I used the CPAP a few months ago, and then it sat idle because it didn't seem to help me. (It just keeps me awake.)
I'm giving it another shot and want to get more involved with it this time, thus using OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Madbeggar zip is in the SD_Cards directory

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, I just want to add some more info re the SD data:
There were sessions from months ago + a few files from accidental turn-ons over the last couple of days. (How do I go about deleting those?)
I slept (or tried to) from about 10pm last night to 7:?? am this morning and turned off the CPAP. I might have taken a short nap after that, then uploaded the SD card to OSCAR about 8:??am.

Thinking it through now, it seems like it must be an OSCAR problem rather than a CPAP machine problem because OSCAR says "yesterday" was "Thursday", NOT the last data was "Thursday".

But, again, my brain is not working correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the sample data!

It turns out those long periods of being turned on (> 18 hours or so) without any breathing detected generated an event OSCAR hadn't encountered before, even in our most recent testing.

The next version should show the right date for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for taking a look. (And I'm glad my clumsiness is somehow being helpful to someone.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2020, 11:31 AM)Madbeggar Wrote: Oscar says the last time I used the CPAP was yesterday (meaning last night, I presume), but says it was THURSDAY instead of (the correct) Friday.

Just a note on OSCAR's terms, OSCAR says "last night" when it means the session starting after noon the previous day and continuing through noon today.  "Yesterday" is the day before that.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2020, 11:43 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: OSCAR says "last night" when it means the session starting after noon the previous day and continuing through noon today.  "Yesterday" is the day before that.

Yes, I understood the first part of that; the second part is confusing. Again, I'm new to this world, and my brain is still not working, so bear with me...

When I first decided to measure and track my oximetry data, I did so in a cultural vacuum; thus, I had to create my own format to log the data. I, like most people, go to sleep in the evening and then wake in the morning. The "night" straddles two calendar dates. Usually I go to bed before midnight, but other times after midnight - in other words, I may or may not sleep on that first (of the two) calendar date(s), but sleep always occurs during the second calendar date of that sleep period. Also, I would upload and log the data in the morning of that second calendar date. Both functions - sleeping and logging - always occur on that second date and I chose to name and file my data based upon that. "Today's" data is last night's data.

On the other hand, in OSCAR - and perhaps the rest of the sleep science world - last night's data is logged with yesterday's date, whether or not one actually went to sleep  "yesterday" or "today". (And I realize I'll have to adjust my data accordingly when I blend the two worlds.)

So, when you say "last night", you mean data logged as "yesterday", but then you add that " 'yesterday' is the day before that". That's very confusing.

When I think of "yesterday", I think of the daytime (awake) period before my last sleep period, e.g., I went to bed "yesterday" and that action began the period of "last night". I.e., "yesterday" has yesterday's date (even if it crept past midnight).

My point, I guess, is more of a question: for the sake of clarity, should we (and OSCAR) even use the term "yesterday"? Rather than "Monday night", or data from "2020-03-30", etc?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 204 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  incorrect first use date kguarino1 6 255 03-07-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 337 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 510 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
  Wrong Equipment Displayed During Oscar startup Aknakon 4 498 01-18-2024, 07:32 PM
  CPAP Usage Record with a Wrong Value? hisaotsu 3 452 10-10-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  ResMed AirCurve10 ASV Has Wrong Date jimchi 4 745 06-27-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.