Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar has suddenly lost the ability to display ANYTHING useful
RE: Oscar has suddenly lost the ability to display ANYTHING useful
What kind of drive is your H: drive? A hard drive, network drive, SD card, or what?

Select Help/Troubleshooting/Show Debug Pane. Ctrl-A click on the debug pane, Ctrl-C to copy the entire debug stream, and Ctrl-V to paste the debug stream into a post here.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty sure I redirected data to my H drive, where I keep ALL data other than installed programs. It makes backups easier to fine tune. Also easier to increase storage space over time.
What file names should I look for that would normally be in OSCAR_Data?
Post Reply Post Reply
Normally, OSCAR creates the folder 'OSCAR_Data' in C:\Documents for its data. It is not a problem to change that folder name and put it on a different drive letter, as long as OSCAR has full read/write permissions to every folder in the path.

I just noticed that Windows installed an update on my machine this May, so I wonder if it has affected your file system permissions.

Hence the request to check permissions all along the H:/Poppy/Medical/CPAP path.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your H:\Poppy\Medical\CPAP\Oscar directory should contain at least a subdirectory named Profiles and a file named profiles.xml. The Profiles subdirectory should contain a subdirectory named Terry. Below Terry should be a directory named ResMed_nnnnnnnnnn, where n...n is the serial number of your machine.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My H: drive is a Seagate SCSI 1.5 TB external drive.

Unable to select or copy anything from the debug pane, so I copied the following from H:/Poppy/Medical/CPAP/Oscar/logs/debug.txt.
Clearly there are too many lines to post, so I deleted 130-odd thousand identical lines noted by the lines of asterisks.

00000: Debug: Started logging thread
00000: Debug: OSCAR starting Mon May 10 17:32:28 2021
00000: Debug: APP-NAME: "OSCAR"
00000: Debug: APP-PATH: "C:/Program Files/OSCAR"
00000: Debug: Trying "C:/Program Files/OSCAR/Translations/oscar_qt_fr.qm"
00000: Debug: APP-RESOURCES: "C:/Program Files/OSCAR"
00000: Debug: OSCAR 1.2.0+6d9f544a (winnt x86_64)
00000: Debug: Built with Qt 5.12.9 on Oct 13 2020 11:01:21
00000: Debug: system locale date format "dddd, MMMM d, yyyy"
00000: Debug: shortened date format "ddd MMM d yyyy" dayFirst false
00000: Debug: number of built-in *.qm files 0
00000: Debug: Inbuilt Translations: en_US
00000: Debug: number of external *.qm files 48
00000: Debug: Number of external translations is 26
00000: Debug: Extra Translations: af, ar, bg, da, de, el, en_UK, es, es_MX, fi, fr, he, hu, it, ko, nl, no, ph, pl, pt, pt_BR, ro, sv, th, tr, zh
00000: Debug: Using default language en_US
00285: Debug: Logging UI initialized
00301: Debug: Using System Tray for Menu
00385: Debug: OSCAR 1.2.0+6d9f544a (winnt x86_64)
00385: Debug: Built with Qt 5.12.9 on Oct 13 2020 11:01:21
00385: Debug:
00385: Debug: Operating system: Windows 10 (10.0)
00385: Debug: Graphics Engine: 3.0 Mesa 12.0.0-rc2
00385: Debug: Graphics Engine type: LegacyGFX
00385: Debug:
00385: Debug: AppData folder already exists, so ...
00385: Debug: Using H:/Poppy/Medical/CPAP/Oscar as OSCAR data folder
00401: Debug: Logging to H:/Poppy/Medical/CPAP/Oscar/logs/debug.txt
00401: Debug: Opening  H:/Poppy/Medical/CPAP/Oscar/Preferences.xml
00401: Debug: validateFont found 246 installed font families
00401: Debug: Opening  ":/docs/channels.xml"
00401: Debug: Processing xml file: "channels" "en" "1.0"
00401: Debug: Registering PRS1Loader
00401: Debug: Registering ResmedLoader
00416: Debug: Registering IntellipapLoader
00416: Debug: Registering F&P Icon Loader
00416: Debug: Registering WeinmannLoader
00416: Debug: Registering CMS50Loader
00416: Debug: cms50f37 - Registering CMS50F37Loader
00416: Debug: Registering MD300W1Loader
00416: Debug: Registering ViatomLoader
00416: Debug: Logging device connections to H:/Poppy/Medical/CPAP/Oscar/logs/connections/devices.xml
00416: Debug: Opening  H:/Poppy/Medical/CPAP/Oscar/Profiles/Terry/Profile.xml
00574: Critical: createContext: wglCreateContextAttribsARB() failed (GL error code: 0x0) for format: QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat:Big GrinefaultSwapBehavior, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat:Big GrinefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile), shared context: 0x1 (The operation completed successfully.)
00574: Critical: createContext: wglCreateContext failed. (The operation completed successfully.)
00574: Warning: Unable to create a GL Context.
00574: Warning: composeAndFlush: QOpenGLContext creation failed
00574: Debug: Opening profile "Terry"
00589: Debug: ResMed machine found.. locking OSCAR preferences to suit it's summary system
00605: Debug: Loading Journal record: H:/Poppy/Medical/CPAP/Oscar/Profiles/Terry/Journal_00001003/
00605: Debug: Loading ResMed record: H:/Poppy/Medical/CPAP/Oscar/Profiles/Terry/ResMed_23161235229/
00605: Debug: Loading H:/Poppy/Medical/CPAP/Oscar/Profiles/Terry/ResMed_23161235229/Summaries.xml.gz
00636: Warning: composeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed
00671: Warning: composeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed
[131,185 identical lines deleted before copy/paste into this post]
75127: Warning: composeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed
75250: Warning: composeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed
75250: Debug: Saving "Daily" settings
75265: Debug: Saving "Overview" settings
75312: Debug: Saving "ResMed" session info "ResMed"
75312: Debug: Done Saving "ResMed" session info
75413: Debug: In ChannelList::Save() saving  "H:/Poppy/Medical/CPAP/Oscar/Profiles/Terry/channels.xml"
75413: Debug: Saving Channel States
75444: Debug: Shutting down logging thread
Post Reply Post Reply
The Profiles folder, etc., is under my H:/Poppy/Medical/CPAP/Oscar/

Checked permissions for my Oscar folder: "Everyone"
Post Reply Post Reply
The graphics engine is failing. The question is "why?".

Your OSCAR installation is set to use the software engine (aka Legacy GFX) rather than the normal OpenGL engine. Is this a change you made? If not, I am wondering if something went wrong and OSCAR restarted with the software engine. Let's try forcing OSCAR to use the normal graphics engine rather than the software one.

Left click on http://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/Patch/Se...isplay.bat and Save Link as. saving it to a convenient directory. If there is a .html extension on the download, remove it, leaving the .bat extension. (Or s See post #31 to download a zip file and uinzip the file. With OSCAR NOT running, open a command window, navigate to where you saved the SetOscarGraphicsDislay.bat file, run the batch file and select option 1. When done, start OSCAR and see if it does any better.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, my misunderstanding.
I have never dealt with folder/file security, having never felt the need. I see now that under my Oscar folder, "Properties" shows the "Read-only" box is checked. I tried un-checking it, then "Apply". It took a couple minutes, the re-load Properties, it still has the "Read-only" box checked.
Under "Security", "Everyone" is selected, and the permissions are all allowed with the exception of "Special permissions."
I'm not sure what I should do.

I have to leave now. Be back in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guy - Of all the patch files, the one you listed returns a 403 permission error.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2021, 07:28 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Guy - Of all the patch files, the one you listed returns a 403 permission error.

Thanks. I've clarified the directions for downloading and running the batch file.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR lost my profiles! jtardo 13 188 03-25-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: jtardo
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 163 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  OSCAR Lost My Profile DNowakowski 3 611 12-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 659 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest
  OSCAR Lost My Profile Poolboy 6 1,043 11-03-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Event type display MarkChap 8 908 09-16-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR 1.5 Pressure Display Cuppa 3 648 09-05-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.