Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar information for newbies
Oscar information for newbies
It might be valuable to provide the link to the Oscar instructional post at the top of the Main Forum. It’d also be great to add a link within that post explaining how to organize Oscar charts, modeled on the clear instructions now provided for Sleepyhead.

I wish I had the expertise to help implement these suggestions! Please let me express my gratitude to those who do the heavy lifting on this site.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar information for newbies
you mean this link?

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the one I was thinking of:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ter--24884
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR Installation and Data Migration Guide      Other Languages 
[/url]

[url=http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=OSCAR_Help]OSCAR Help Wiki
 (a work in progress)

Are included on the download pages just below the download links.

The supported machines and the installation guide are contained in the OSCAR Help Wiki.

What do you suggest changing?
Post Reply Post Reply
I went ahead and included that post as a new "stickie" (important threads at the top of the forum) on the Main Forum as well as here in the Software Support Forum.

So that makes it a bit more visible.

Always open to suggestions, so if you all think that we need to add additional links to the post, please let me know.

Also, as an FYI, the link to the OSCAR download page is at the top of each and every forum page, in the dark brown menu bar at the top.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Supersleeper. My idea was just to make basic Oscar information more prominent and accessible. (Funny, I never used the drop-down menu.)

Bonjour, I see so much back and forth about arranging charts that I do think it’d be valuable to elevate the visibility of the information that, as you point out, is already available. One way to do that would be to fold a link and a little prose into the stickie Supersleeper has provided.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2019, 01:16 PM)Dormeo Wrote: My idea was just to make basic Oscar information more prominent and accessible. (Funny, I never used the drop-down menu.)

Ah, you're probably using a mobile device... the full menu bar is more visible on a laptop or desktop computer... on a smaller screen like a smartphone or tablet, it simply scales down to a single "Menu" drop-down list, which includes important links.  I suppose it's easy to miss that on a mobile device.

You young people with all your mobile stuff... gotta keep that in mind, since I'm old and hardly ever use my smartphone for forums like this.   Bigwink Too-funny

If you all would like me to add additional links to the OSCAR stickie thread, let me know which specific links should be there.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, keep the ideas coming.

There's really a lot of valuable info on Apnea Board - the forum, the wiki, etc, but it's the organization of the information that could be a lot better in my opinion.

So, any ideas to help organize stuff and make it easier to navigate and find stuff, is GOOD.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR - Only summary information is available paulag1955 8 664 12-09-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Oximeter Information Viatom jbeam 2 693 02-28-2023, 09:27 PM
Last Post: jbeam
  Editing Profile Information [OSCAR] Homerec130 12 1,820 08-15-2022, 12:26 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR: actionable information? NelsonM 1 525 07-06-2021, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Sleepyhead - doesn't give complete information every night aminator 2 954 04-22-2019, 09:12 AM
Last Post: aminator
  Why did SH show files in Session Information? ShaunBlake 11 2,371 06-17-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: ShaunBlake
  information jerry1967 10 2,105 08-01-2017, 08:33 AM
Last Post: jerry1967

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.