Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Bug Report - Oximetry .SpO2 File Import
OSCAR Bug Report - Oximetry .SpO2 File Import
1) My profile is up to date.
2) I have OSCAR 1.0.1-r-1 X64 installed in Windows 10 Pro X64.
3) Since I am unable to import Pulse Oximetry Data directly from my Contec CMS50D+with 4.6 firmware due to another bug, I will import the data from the .SpO2 data files until that feature is fixed.  I am experiencing another bug.  When I use the import wizard to identify the session to sync with, the populated start time is exactly four hours later than the actual session start time.  I have to manually edit the time by -4 hours for it to import at the proper time.  For reference, in case it is a time zone issue, I am US East Coast time.  My computer date and time is correct and synced automatically over my network connection.

I went to bed last night just past midnight and session began 5/8/2019 at 00:09:47 and lasted 08h 04m 48s.  To find the session in the import tool, I had to go back to 5/7/2019 and then when I clicked on the session, the tool auto populated the sync time to be 04:09:47am.  I had to manually change the value to 00:09:47am so that the Oximitry data would start at the same time as the CPAP data.  Hopefully this is an easy fix.

Thank you,
dlbzone
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Bug Report - Oximetry .SpO2 File Import
I've logged this too.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Bug Report - Oximetry .SpO2 File Import
A tip for anyone else planning to upload the .SpO2 files manually in Windows 10...

1) Create a shortcut to your .SpO2 files located C:\Users\<YOURUSERNAMEHERE>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SpO2 Assistant V<?.?.?>\Data.  Make sure to replace data that matches your system information within the <>.  This is where you want to point OSCAR to upload your oximetry data from.  Then right click on the shortcut and select Pin to Quick Access.  

The real tips are in Step 1.  This is a location that you can read the data files from without needing any special workarounds to read them from their actual location in the Program Files (X86) folder, where they are hidden by the system by default.  Then by pinning the shortcut to Quick Access, it allows you to very quickly get to the data file from within the OSCAR Oximetry import wizard.  The rest is just the process of creating the SpO2 file using the SpO2 Assistant software.

2) Start SpO2 Assistant software.
3) Connect your Contec Pulse Oximeter to your computer with the included proprietary USB cable.
4) Press and hold the only button on the oximeter until the menu appears on the LCD display.
5) Select the Connect Device button in the SpO2 Assistant software.
6) Click on the COMx connection for your device, make sure to check the box "View device stored data only" and select the Connect button in the SpO2 Assistant software.
7) Check the box for your session in the User Index column and then select the Receive Data button.  This will automatically save the .SpO2 data file you need to your computers hard drive.  When completed, you can exit the SpO2 Assistant Software.

Please see the OSCAR documentation if you need help using the Oximetry Import Wizard...

Hope this helps somebody else.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 141 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 157 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,336 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,726 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,192 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.