Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oura Ring and O2
RE: Oura Ring and O2
I've been using a Wellue Checkme O2 Max for over a month.  I wear the sensor on my thumb and find it and the wrist device very comfortable.  I can easily read my SpO2/Pulse at night.  Very simple to download the data onto my Windows machine and import into OSCAR using O2 Insight Pro.  I also create a .csv from the data using O2 Insight Pro and then bring the data up in Excel.  I have some formulas that summarize the night's O2 and Pulse data.  I discovered that I have several O2 desaturations and pulse drops.  Interestingly they don't seem to coincide with apnea events.

Regards
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2023, 11:24 AM)withtao Wrote:  I have some formulas that summarize the night's O2 and Pulse data.  I discovered that I have several O2 desaturations and pulse drops.  Interestingly they don't seem to coincide with apnea events.

Regards

With regard to lack of association with "apneas events",  I assume that these desaturations are significant (that is >3 %) and that there are no apneas, or hypopneas that precede these desaturations.

As best as I can remember I was googling something like desaturation lag time and came across a video from a ER physiciam that demonstrated the length of time between cessation of breathing and first indication of desaturation.  Well,  I can't seem to find that now but he showed that the first indication of desaturation occurred 37 seconds after he began to hold his breath. 

Hey, found it... https://emupdates.com/pulseoxlag/

Perhaps the take away is that you may have to look for some "event" that occurs in (well) in advance of the reported desaturation.

Additional thought: Oxygen saturation is so significant in establishing xPAP therapy effectiveness, I am at a loss as to the XPap manufacturers failing to incorporate Sp02 recording into the their devices.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the link, will read.  I too had seen mention of a delay, but I have few events even close to desaturations e.g. 6 minutes.  My PCP just contacted me after waiting 2 weeks after I returned an oximeter from a DME and is prescribing oxygen supplement to my CPAP.  BTW, I had to buy my own oximeter because a sleep study in September didn't uncover issues with O2 desaturations, buy felt there something beyond apnea going on!  I told my PCP I was seeing O2 down to 84 and pulse as low as 45 and yet she wouldn't go anything until she got the results from the DME.  She is going to do another DME oximeter in a month.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
OK! Since you are UTC+10, how about setting the clock back 10 hours to see if the problem still follows.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 60 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 190 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  O2 Ring vs Checkme O2 PaulaO2 48 2,265 02-24-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Exclaimation [Equipment] Sleep Tracking Ring Vako 7 348 02-14-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Vako
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,150 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 525 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 403 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.