Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar interpretations please
Oscar interpretations please
Hello, I switched from Phillips to ResMed about two weeks ago and I need some help dialing it in.  I have been prescribed 10 mg Ambien which I cut down to about 4 mg and take it nightly.  But things aren't going great.  In last nights sleep, after the final sleep period,  I felt like a wreck, but felt better as the day wore on.  And you'll notice I don't sleep through the night.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar interpretations please
How are you feeling? Your cap on PS of 10.0 cm is limiting what the machine does, as suggested by the flat tops on the IPAP pressure. You are reaching the maximum pressure support frequently. If that resolves the events, as it appears, and you feel good about the therapy, that is a win. I think you need to increase PS max to at least 12. The EPAP min of 8.0 seems to be about right for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The PS max was set at 12 when I got the machine, but I was having mouth farts that woke me up, so I turned it down. I'm not feeling rested and it takes me almost 12 hours before I finally get 7.5 hours of sleep -- then I drag myself around until I finally somewhat feel human. I'll turn the PS max back up to 12 and see what happens -- maybe I just needed to get used to the machine a little more. And I have been pushing my tongue up to the top, but the air seems to find a way around and comes out. But I don't think I have a problem with mouth breathing, though I woke up after the final sleep this morning with a sore throat -- but it's not a consistent issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe drop EPAP min to 6 and see what happens. You definitely need the higher PS, and you might take PS min to 3.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again, I reset the ps min/max to 3/12, the EPAP min to 6.  I'll attach two of the last three nights (the other one doesn't show graphs since I forgot the SD card in the pc).  Last night was the first night since early March I did not take any Ambien -- I did take 10 mg melatonin at bedtime.  Either way, I'm not sleeping through the night and I've been having dizzy spells when sitting up from laying down, or laying down into bed.  Could the ASV cause these dizzy spellls?   As of this morning, I felt pretty rough upon waking up, but noticed I'm walking faster and talking faster.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Since we last looked, you have had significantly lower EPAP and IPAP pressures at the median and 95%, while tidal volume is unchanged and minute vent slightly improved. The distribution of pressure support peaks has really settled down, so from the graphs, this looks improved. If you are dizzy upon arising in the morning, I can't speculate on a cause, but take your time and be safe. You might want to check blood pressure as you awaken and lie in bed. If you're feeling better during the day, that is what we're after, even if it is subtle. We are not doctors on the forum, and if you have health concerns such as feeling dizzy or unsteady, please get appropriate health consultation. I don't think it is related to the therapy, but am not in a position to completely rule it out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, I'll leave the settings as is with the machine.  Maybe the dizziness is some residual thing with the Ambien pill.  I see the sleep doctor again in about a month, hopefully it will self cure itself before then.

PS -- My Aircurve 10 ASV seems to make a slight popping noise on inhaling and exhaling, intermittently, -- should I be concerned, or call the DME? It just started doing that a few days ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
The transition should not make a noise. That sound is usually a loose humidifier chamber. Be sure it is fully seated.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Machine interpretations of events flawed? EddieR 5 1,625 06-20-2018, 10:55 PM
Last Post: EddieR

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.