Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7]
Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7]
Very odd:  Oscar is showing 7 hours of use (last night), and an overall AHI;  but when I scroll down  to "Session information" there are 8 separate sessions with about an hour in each session, except for a 7min. session at the beginning, and a 47 min. session at the end, and, of course different AHIs in each session - between 8 and 0 depending on which session  events happened in.

This has only happened since I moved time zones:   GMT -5  (EST), to GMT +1 (WET).  I haven't changed the clock/time setting (because I don't know how to) but the session time is showing my local time.

Not that it is bothering me, but just because it is odd, any comments on this oddity would be much appreciated...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar is dividing up the time period
PR machines will sometimes split a night into multiple sessions. It's not entirely clear why.

Each time you turn the machine on and off will be its own session, of course, but sometimes there's the additional split, which is currently a mystery.

I haven't noticed a night split into that many sessions before, though. I wonder what's happening?
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you stop therapy during the night, take mask off, or shut machine off?
Would you mind posting a chart of that night?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A family members Dreamstation 2 Advanced showed 13 sessions the other. They only got up once that night.

Had the DME update the firmware, so we'll see.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the DreamStation 2's have the Auto on/off function.  Check to see if that's been enabled.  It's usually enabled by default.

If so, I'm not sure, but perhaps it's possible that the stopping of breathing for a longer period of time (or the mask partially coming off) activated the Auto-off function, and then when the breathing started up again, the Auto-on function kicked in, possibly marking that as a new session.  That could happen multiple times throughout the night, unless I'm missing something.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll check that out, thanks much!
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is the Auto On/Off function causing the issue on the DS2, from what I've heard, only someone with the Philips Care Orchestrator software can turn that function on or off.  And as far as I know, only DMEs or sleep doctors have access to that software - so you might have to ask the DME or your doctor to turn it off if that's what you want to do.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeahhhhhh, I don't see anything in the Clinical Menu. Sigh.

WHY does Philips have to be like this?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2023, 11:43 PM)Lucky7 Wrote: WHY does Philips have to be like this?

It's just one of the many reasons why we lovingly call some of the  major players in this industry "the medical mafia".

By forcing you to go to your doctor or DME to change a simple setting like this, more often than not, it creates what they call "a billable event", which you may or may not even see if you're using health care insurance.

Confused
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
And one of the reasons that I typically don't recommend Philips products. You do realize that the DS2 data is encrypted so that you "have to" contact your your doctor for anything CPAP related. Don't worry, OSCAR has your back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Q on using OSCAR for first time Tman1966 0 17 1 hour ago
Last Post: Tman1966
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 85 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 202 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 325 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 754 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Time adjust BlueSky1958 0 417 12-10-2023, 08:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.