Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar migration tool?
Oscar migration tool?
sleep physician here running sleepy head on my laptop for several years.  I like to download SD info and go over the data with my patients during office visits.

Now trying to load Oscar on my same work laptop.  I've downloaded oscar, but when I try to run the software, I get the error message "found SleepyHead - You must run the OSCAR migration tool".

I cannot find this migration tool.  It will not allow me to complete my installation or go any further than this step.  I've tried uninstalling Oscar and re-installing but continue to receive the same message.

Any help would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar migration tool?
Welcome to the forum, and sorry that you are having trouble.

On the OSCAR download page there is a link

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...stallation

Step 5 is migrating or coping SleepyHead data.
Try that, If that doen't work one of the OSCAR Developers will be along and will make it work.

That said,  I would really appreciate insight on how to improve OSCAR from your (medical) point of view.  The OSCAR team considers user input as VERY important.  We especially want your input as a Sleep Doctor because we feel you are in a very good position to help your patients.  It doesn't matter how wild and crazy your thoughts are but they could certainly help us make OSCAR a better product.

If you like PM me and I'll add you to the development team as an advisor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Frustrating because now whenever I try to launch Oscar, I get the same error message.  I'm not even getting the option to migrate my old sleepy head data.  Just the error message to use the "migration tool".
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 12:00 PM)mitchel674 Wrote: Frustrating because now whenever I try to launch Oscar, I get the same error message.  I'm not even getting the option to migrate my old sleepy head data.  Just the error message to use the "migration tool".

Best fix may be to force OSCAR to open in a new directory.  Open a command window, navigate to where you installed OSCAR (Usually C:\Program Files\OSCAR on WIndows), and type the command "oscar --datadir OSCAR_newdir".  Note that there are two hyphens at the beginning of "--datadir".  That will force OSCAR to use a new directory.  It should also offer you the chance to migrate your Sleepyhead data into the OSCAR directory.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Running OSCAR with a different datadir worked, in that it gave me the prompt to select a new data directory http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...dialog.png . This time, I selected "No" and it opened normally without importing my Sleepy Head data.

Is it possible that my old data directory was too large for OSCAR to handle? I had over 70 patients' CPAP data stored, so perhaps that caused an issue? Anyways, I've got it working now so it's not too urgent.

I will continue to post my experience here using OSCAR in my practice going forward.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2019, 09:23 PM)mitchel674 Wrote: Is it possible that my old data directory was too large for OSCAR to handle? I had over 70 patients' CPAP data stored, so perhaps that caused an issue? Anyways, I've got it working now so it's not too urgent.

I will continue to post my experience here using OSCAR in my practice going forward.

No, OSCAR should not be limited by data directory size. It really deals only with one profile at a time and should not be bothered by any other profiles that might be present.

We look forward to any observations you have about OSCAR.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,
I have run into the same problem - not being able to finish installation. After reading the thread above, I just changed the name of the folder and re-run the software. It asked me again if I wanted to accept a default directory, I choose yes and then the setup run as in the instructions. All data imported and everything.
In my case, I think, the mistake was that I have choose the old Sleepy Head directory.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New: .spoR manipulation tool strix 5 1,729 10-23-2023, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Migration tool geoffhart1962 5 600 12-14-2022, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  OSCAR wants me to use Migration Tool SleepyHenry 5 822 05-20-2021, 11:21 AM
Last Post: SleepyHenry
  Best data tool for Dreamstation (not Pro) Dedwin0927 5 1,213 06-26-2020, 02:29 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
Angry Manual Sleepyhead to OSCAR data/profile migration? startreking 11 2,375 04-30-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: sleepyBuzz
  Migration to Oscar: No Data Imported johnnyb00 3 902 03-30-2020, 11:14 AM
Last Post: johnnyb00
  OSCAR [unable to import data after original migration of SH data] OpalRose 23 4,431 06-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.