Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar no longer importing Phillips Respironics Bipap data
Oscar no longer importing Phillips Respironics Bipap data
I have a weird situation going on. I switched to a Resmed Aircurve 10 about May of this year due to the recall on Phillips machines and found it doesn't work as well for me for some reason as the Phillips system one auto bipap. I've been using the Phillips last few days and when i try and import data to check on Oscar it just won't import any sessions. What am i doing wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar no longer importing Phillips Respironics Bipap data
Your post raises several questions.

1. What version of OSCAR are you using?
2. What model of the Philips BiPAP are you using, DS1, DS2, other?
3. Are you using separate profiles for your Resmed and Philips CPAPs?
4. Are you using a dedicated SD card for each machine?
5. Have you tried using a new SD card?
6. Have you checked to make sure you don't have the SD card write-protected (locked)?
7. What OS is your computer using?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
1) Latest update of OScar
2) Bipap Auto system one (that's what it says on machine)
3) Yes using separate profiles
4) Each machine has it's own SD card
5) I tried a new card, same exact thing happened, last import was from around May when i stopped using the old bipap
6) Card is unlocked
7) Mac OS 11.7.2

Thank you for your reply
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, I was looking for the OSCAR version number and your BiPAP's model number.  OSCAR's version number can be found in the upper left corner of the app.  Your BiPAP's model number should be on the bottom of your machine.  If you use the humidifier, remember to remove the water tank prior to turning it over for the model number.  Otherwise, it gets quite messy. Big Grin

Another question; Without being in OSCAR, can you see the contents of your SD card from your computer file viewer program?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mersim85,

Insert your PR SDcard into your Mac.
With your Philips profile open in OSCAR click the button to do an import. When the popup opens select "Specify". In the Finder window that opens select the name of the SD card in the left pane then click Open.

I don't remember if your particular model needs to open a specific folder on the SD card, but just highlight the name of the SD card on the left and try importing from that first.

See if that helps....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
So i have model number 760p and  OSCAR 1.4.0+e35d47b3. I just went into the actual folder of the SD card and it's really strange, the last date synced on there is 5/4/22 which is precisely when I stopped using this biPap, even though I've been using it all week. Is it possible the machine stopped adding data to the SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
Possibly the SD card went bad. Do you have another one you can try?

You can also try unplugging the machine for a few minutes. Then plug it back in. Sort of a reboot.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
If it hasn't been plugged in for a while, it's possible that the clock/calendar battery has gone bad. Can you check the machines date in the clinicians menu?
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds like it may be the issue since it hasn’t been plugged in for about 6 months. I can go into clinical menu, what am I looking for in there?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have a Respironics machine, so I don't know exactly. I'd be hoping for some display of the current time and date, but there may only be a way to set a time zone offset. --- Come to think of it, on the new ResMed AS11 you can set the offset, but you can't see what time it has. One fellow had to write his clock time when he started and compare it with what OSCAR reported.

So maybe you won't find anything useful in the menu. And maybe a Respironics user can enlighten us.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 221 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 97 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.