Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar not reporting correct climate control? [resolved, will be fixed in 1.1.1]
Oscar not reporting correct climate control? [resolved, will be fixed in 1.1.1]
I usually leave my climate control settings on "Auto".  However, I noticed when I switched to Oscar from Sleepyhead recently, that Oscar says my climate control setting was "Manual".  Last night, I switched it to "Manual", and this morning, Oscar says it was on "Auto".  

Last night, setting on machine was "Manual", but Oscar reported "Auto"

Two nights ago, setting was "Auto", but Oscar reported "Manual".

Is this a bug in Oscar?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar not reporting correct climate control?
(08-25-2019, 08:55 AM)allanri Wrote: I usually leave my climate control settings on "Auto".  However, I noticed when I switched to Oscar from Sleepyhead recently, that Oscar says my climate control setting was "Manual".  Last night, I switched it to "Manual", and this morning, Oscar says it was on "Auto".  

Is this a bug in Oscar?

Yes, that's a bug and it has been fixed in the current test build of Oscar.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great - thx!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there, just checking...

I also run Resmed Airsense 10 and notice that when I set the Climate Control to Auto on the machine, it reports it as Manual in Oscar and vice versa.

I am still running v1.0.1-r-1, don't like updating anything (windows Pavlovian reflex I guess).

Just wanted to check if this was fixed in the new Version of Oscar? May be a reason to upgrade.

Great software though, I am ready to ditch ResScan.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2020, 08:28 PM)SevereApnea Wrote: I also run Resmed Airsense 10 and notice that when I set the Climate Control to Auto on the machine, it reports it as Manual in Oscar and vice versa.

I am still running v1.0.1-r-1, don't like updating anything (windows Pavlovian reflex I guess).

Just wanted to check if this was fixed in the new Version of Oscar? May be a reason to upgrade.

Yes, the problem is fixed.  I recommend waiting for 1.1.1 to upgrade; it shouldn't be long now.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good news, Thanks Guy, will do! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar not reporting correct climate control? [resolved, will be fixed in 1.1.1]
From reading this thread, it may be that the Machine Settings
errors in SleepyHead may be bugs that migrated to OSCAR and
were swatted there. I envy you OSCAR users. Upgrading my
hardware isn't an option.
Oh-jeez
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curious if ResVent Tidal Volume displays seem correct TechieHippie 4 264 02-25-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Correct operation of Contec CMS 50 oximeters ("D" & "DL") ivashamagnus 2 525 12-26-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: ivashamagnus
  Multiple machine reporting briano52 2 475 10-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: briano52
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 597 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting markcs 13 1,737 08-28-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  unable to import data [resolved, see post #20] kappak 19 1,151 03-10-2023, 09:07 PM
Last Post: kappak
  Set CPAP to fixed pressure but OSCAR shows pressure decreasing all night... cpapnewbie18 2 725 01-12-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.