Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar on Mac - background color for Statistics report
Oscar on Mac - background color for Statistics report
Oscar v1.0.1-r-1

On the Statistics page, my screen background is black with white text.  I'm going to need to print a report from this page.

1) If I print, will I get white text on a black background?

2) How to I change the display for black text on white background and ensure the report prints black on white?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar on Mac - background color for Statistics report
Edit :

I found it. I needed to get into the Mac settings and switch from Dark Mode to Light Mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a fairly old version of OSCAR, and I don't recall if there were any issues with printing reports with that version.

Sounds like you have Dark Mode set on your Mac. Try turning Dark Mode off and see if that works. You can always switch back afterwards.

Edit: looks like we cross posted..... Glad you figured it out.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Next question:

I tried to print the Statistics report but it won't format properly to fit on a page.

I've been using Sleepyhead in the past, but this time I'm using Oscar to print reports and I'm not finding how to format so I can print the whole report properly. Even when I try to generate a PDF, I see the same problem. It prints what the screen shows, so I don't get anything from beyond the bottom of the screen.
Post Reply Post Reply
and now I'm in the process of upgrading to v.1.3.0
Post Reply Post Reply
That was a formatting issue that has been fixed for Mac's. Should print fine after you upgrade.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not knowledgeable of a Mac PDF printer and are basing my questions on Linux and Windows platforms. When you select the print option and choose, a PDF printer, do you not have a Preferences or Properties option to select paper orientation and size as well as the scaling factor of the data to be printed?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
OK - looks like I'm in bidness now.

--

My recollection - SleepyHead would check for new versions?

I don't think my earlier version of OSCAR did that, so I never bothered to update until now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead didn't and old versions of OSCAR didn't check fpr updates.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2021, 04:58 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: ... paper orientation and size as well as the scaling factor of the data to be printed?

There is a "scale to fit paper size" option for PDF, but if i recall, it didn't work properly a couple of versions back.  If my memory is working correctly, it was something to do with the way the page was rendered by OSCAR (or was it Qt??) which cut off part of the printed page regardless of settings for print or pdf for Mac's.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 160 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Seeking help with O2 report/OSCAR ejbpesca 26 1,479 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Statistics page, changes to device settings area, FL always shows 0.00? DancesWithCats 1 284 01-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [BUG report] OSCAR v1.5.1 Skalou 10 1,285 12-03-2023, 02:58 PM
  First OSCAR Report - Leak Rate jfkaess 11 1,684 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  OSCAR Statistics Page SingingWolf 4 585 11-04-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
Question Change Statistics view default to Monthly instead of Standard? retro 4 564 10-06-2023, 07:45 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.