Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar questions
Oscar questions
It's been over six months since I've had any motivation to look at my sleep data, and during that time Oscar has been born. So, I've installed it and imported data from Sleepyhead, and from my card, which is nowhere near full. I'm using a Philips Series 1 ASV. Here's what's going on...

1. The Welcome message says I only used the machine for 3 hours and 40 minutes last night, which is way off. The web app "Dreammapper" has 8 hours and 19 minutes, which is about right.

2. Oscar's Daily chart has a start time of 22:52 last night, and an end time of 7:14 this morning, which is accurate and reflects the 8+ hours that Dreammapper reported.

3. The "Session information" summary shows a first session of 1 hr 17 min, and a second session of 2 hrs 22 mins. This leaves out most of the night. I did disconnect once to go to the bathroom, and the second session accurately represents the time after that. What's unexplained is why the first session ends after a little over an hour.

4. The "event flags" graph shows the whole night, including the bathroom break at 4:52.

5. Most of the other graphs show a long gap, from 1:52 to 4:52. That gap does not correspond to Session Information gap, which begins earlier. The Flow Rate, Mask Pressure, Insp. Time, Exp. Time, and Time at Pressure graphs all appear to be gapless. I'm not sure about the AHI graph, which may just be zero for much of the night.

6. Oscar's Daily chart says my AHI was 8.72, which is probably true for those 3 hours and 40 minutes. Dreammaper, and the machine display itself, have my AHI at 10.5 (machine) or 10.6 (Dreammapper). I think Dreammapper always rounds up.

7. Dreammapper reports three CA events, but of course it doesn't show when they occurred. Oscar shows none, in either the summary data or the Event Flags graph.

8. I tried importing into Sleepyhead, and it looks the same.

9. Scanning back over weeks and months, I find gaps from time to time. The first one I can find is back in May, 2018. They become a bit more frequent in 2019 -- maybe every couple of weeks -- then more frequent in the last few months. Again, I haven't been looking at anything except Dreammapper and the machine readout itself for quite a while, so I've been oblivious to this.

I'd be inclined to think that the problem is that the machine is not properly writing data to the card. Windows shows no bad sectors on the card itself.

Does that sound right?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar questions
Without going into the details, the current version of Oscar has quite a few problems with the Philips Bipap machines data structure. (These were inherited from SleepyHead).

Many / most of these issues have now been addressed and a "testing" version of Oscar will be out in the near future. We're looking for people with the Philips ASV to test the updated software - if you're interested send Bonjour a message and he'll sign you up.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar questions
It's probably not a problem with your machine. I think it's a known issue with reading ASV data that we're working on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar graph questions. Bullabill 6 852 09-26-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  ResMed AirSense Auto Set 11 - Oscar Questions Sleeper396 1 1,318 01-15-2022, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  2nd machine...Oscar & SD card questions buddy0329 5 912 06-29-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: buddy0329
  OSCAR 2.0 Problem and Questions [correction - OSCAR 1.2.0] rumtap 8 1,492 06-24-2021, 01:39 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Oscar reporting questions Daily vs Statistics Oximetry snowydon 1 1,024 01-23-2021, 05:41 PM
Last Post: greyham
  Newbie with Oscar questions Creideiki 2 823 09-27-2019, 04:46 PM
Last Post: unidee
  OSCAR related questions Arik 1 716 09-13-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.