Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar sees more hypopnea than sleepy head
Oscar sees more hypopnea than sleepy head
Curious has anyone else had this happen.  While testing and changing from SleepyHead over to OSCAR I have noticed that occasionally OSCAR shows about .2 more on hypopnea.  When I look into the log it shows another one or two occurances of hypopnea.  It only happens about once every week or two and only shows higher numbers on OSCAR.  Sorry about the different zoom levels but this is one of the places I found the extra occurance.   

If anyone has any idea why OSCAR would see more than SleepyHead I would appreciate it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar sees more hypopnea than sleepy head
Hi binderhoff!  -  Welcome

I'm surprised that they are that close.  OSCAR is a fork of the SleepyHead code with many refinements and corrections.   At this point in OSCAR's development, you are basically wasting your time trying to compare the two programs against each other.  Make sure that you have the latest and greatest version of OSCAR.  The current version is 1.1.1

Take care!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Events are flagged by the machine, not OSCAR. Great pains have been made to remove anything that is not generated by the machine. The image on the left is a different time-scale and more detailed than the one on the right, and the flow is very unusual. I think showing something more than 15 seconds might be helpful here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead (and older versions of OSCAR) were missing some edge-case hypopnea events. They were coded with a different event ID that was unknown until now. We were able to compare these events to official reports to establish that they are in fact reported as hypopneas.

Why there are multiple types of hypopnea events under the hood, we still don't know.

But this should match exactly with an official report.
Post Reply Post Reply
They are both the same time I just couldn't seem to get the same time scale and gave up.  It is the same peak just the one had the second hypopnea event, and without this short time period I wasn't sure the detail would be shown.   Looks like someone else might have my answer that some older versions didn't show some edge cases of hypopnea that are shown now.  Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately that means my numbers may have been off from time to time without my knowing.  Luckily it only seems to be once in a while and only one to three times a night when they show up.  And I don't know about what an official report says as I seem to be looking at way more detail than my doctor usually does.  I am usually under 3.0 unless it is real bad allergy weather and then still almost never go over a 5 so I don't think they look into that much detail. 

At least now I know I can trust the numbers I am getting.  Got worried that I was getting different numbers using the same files from my machine and had matching graphs.

Thanks again for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HYPOPNEA verification dataq1 22 1,150 02-06-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dataq1
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 374 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Hypopnea - Resmed scoring Opus1 22 1,113 12-03-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Opus1
  [CPAP] Low AHI, compliant but still sleepy jamwin 2 342 11-30-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: jamwin
  Low AHI, Comfortable w/ APAP but Still Sleepy SJGD7 3 1,101 10-10-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.