Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar sessions seem wrong
RE: Oscar sessions seem wrong
Quote:Please you expand on "Nothing happened".  

Nothing as in nothing at all showed up on my screen. I browsed Oscar to check if anything was added but found nothing had changed.

Quote:Did OSCAR present the dialog asking you to select your SD card, and then replacing it with one asking if it was ok to use the data it found

Nope

Quote:When it asked you if it was ok to use the place it found

It did not ask

Quote:was that the physical SD card or your copy?

I always work with a copy of the SD card, never the card itself.

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:RE: Oscar sessions seem wrong

So if I look at Jan 30 on your graph, I am seeing the AHI for the period of Dec 22 - Jan 30, right? Each day is the AHI of the beginning to that date. I spot checked and your graph does agree with the Statistics page when I set a date range.

I don't know whether I would find that is a useful way to look at the data. Usually it is only relatively recent data that is of interest. If you now have a string of AHI 0.0 days, the graph will only drop slowly. I leave that interpretation to you.

UPDATE: when I look for trends, I usually look at the Statistics page set in Monthly mode. That lets me scan a value, like AHI or its components, for the last 12 months.

You just put the finger on why I need the sessions info.
Because of my actual condition, think of one session for me is like one night for the regular guys.
Between sessions I am up for as long as 2 hours. And that is for every night with very rare exceptions.
That is why I am mostly concerned with the sessions data.

On another angle, I cannot find a clear rule for the establishment of the AHI.
One AHI is calculated for a session
One is calculated for the day
The statistics shows it for a bunch of different periods

Are they all calculated the same way?
Always total number of events for the period and total duration (hours) for the same period.

If it is the case, then I will R.I.P.  Big Grin

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
Have your problems been from the initial installation of OSCAR? Have you checked the checksum to verify that, by some oddity, your OSCAR download wasn't corrupted?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2022, 04:21 PM)DanEm Wrote: On another angle, I cannot find a clear rule for the establishment of the AHI.
One AHI is calculated for a session
One is calculated for the day
The statistics shows it for a bunch of different periods

Are they all calculated the same way?
Always total number of events for the period and total duration (hours) for the same period.

Yes, AHI is always calculated in the same way.

If you disable a session on the Daily page, that session's events and duration are not included in any higher level calculations. It is as if that disabled session never happened.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Have your problems been from the initial installation of OSCAR? Have you checked the checksum to verify that, by some oddity, your OSCAR download wasn't corrupted?

Not familiar with checksum
Got it jut now for OSCAR-1.3.1-Win64.exe I used to install Oscar.

Checksum from SHA256 File Checksum from [https://emn178.github.io/online-tools/sha256_checksum.html]
8f393f30c051b320e725f25efebb31d59f0ed3b0f35ee02bb480658cf3df9a75

Got Checksum from Windows 11 CMD certutil -hashfile [FILENAME] [HASH]
8f393f30c051b320e725f25efebb31d59f0ed3b0f35ee02bb480658cf3df9a75

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2022, 04:03 PM)DanEm Wrote: Nothing as in nothing at all showed up on my screen. I browsed Oscar to check if anything was added but found nothing had changed.
I always work with a copy of the SD card, never the card itself.

There is an options in File / Preferences to "Auto-Launch CPAP import when opening profile." Do you have that option set (checked)? If so, please turn it off (uncheck it).

When you could not load the last session for the day, you were importing from your SD card copy, right? Had you copied the actual SD card to the copy before importing the data?

If you can repeat this failure to import problem, please do so, exit OSCAR, zip the OSCAR diagnostic logs and upload to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:There is an options in File / Preferences to "Auto-Launch CPAP import when opening profile." Do you have that option set (checked)? If so, please turn it off (uncheck it).

It is not set

Quote:When you could not load the last session for the day, you were importing from your SD card copy, right? Had you copied the actual SD card to the copy before importing the data?

I put the SD card in laptop
It was the latest SD card data after last sleep session.
In windows explorer, I copied everything under the drive letter of the SD card drive.
I pasted the copy to a folder and pointed that folder for the data import in Oscar.

Take a break and will do last part a little later

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest you import directly from your SD card. Your process of copying and pasting into a hard drive directory is a manual process with several opportunities for something to go wrong.

If you are worried about damage to your SD card, I suggest using some program to automate backup of the SD card.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:GuyScharf 
If you can repeat this failure to import problem, please do so, exit OSCAR, zip the OSCAR diagnostic logs and upload to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.

Tried to repeat the failure with no success.
But the SD card did not contain new data.
Tomorrow I will try again and send the ZIP if it happens again.

Quote:Crimson Nape
Have your problems been from the initial installation of OSCAR? Have you checked the checksum to verify that, by some oddity, your OSCAR download wasn't corrupted?

Yes, problems I reported are all from the start. If I remember right, they were the same after an Oscar update.

Can you send the Checksum for the last version so I can compare.

Quote:GuyScharf 
If you are worried about damage to your SD card, I suggest using some program to automate backup of the SD card.

No worry, I have proper backups

DanEm

Post Reply Post Reply
Before I can send the checksum, I need to know which flavor of OSCAR you are using. Each one will have a different checksum.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 124 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 201 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wrong Equipment Displayed During Oscar startup Aknakon 4 495 01-18-2024, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CPAP Usage Record with a Wrong Value? hisaotsu 3 452 10-10-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Oscar File Export Sessions DanEm 32 1,890 09-07-2023, 01:32 AM
Last Post: DanEm
  Sessions are all off KStanLD 4 697 07-07-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: KStanLD
  ResMed AirCurve10 ASV Has Wrong Date jimchi 4 745 06-27-2023, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.