Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar shuts down when open profile is selected.
RE: Oscar shuts down when open profile is selected.
(06-07-2019, 10:44 PM)Bullabill Wrote: Thankyou GS,
I got as far as copying the script to a txt file in notepad but then no further. I must be missing a step.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing Oscar and was surprised to find my profile in the new install! I guess that info. is stored outside of the program in the computer. The new install behaves as the previous one did.

You don't need to put it in Notepad. Just download and save it to disk, with a name ending in .reg.  Then double-click on the file to run the script.  Windows knows that files ending in .reg are registry editing scripts.

Yes, the data directory is in your Documents folder.  Uninstalling OSCAR does not remove any data that you have created.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, GS,

That worked and I was able to open the profile OK. I haven't time to go further right now but it looks like the problem's fixed Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using Windows 10 (x64), but have an older machine. I get the same exact issue - after I have completed my profile and tried to select it to import data it, the program immediately shuts down so I may need the same assistance. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2019, 11:17 AM)Cooper911 Wrote: I am using Windows 10 (x64), but have an older machine. I get the same exact issue - after I have completed my profile and tried to select it to import data it, the program immediately shuts down so I may need the same assistance. Thanks!

I've sent you a PM with instructions on how to download and run the registry editing script that may fix that issue for you.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Modifying the registry seems to have done the trick! I can now select my profile and it no longer crashes. Thank you very much for the quick assistance and getting me up and running. 

Jesse
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having the same issue with older computer with windows 10. Any help would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2019, 07:31 PM)77Ace Wrote: I am having the same issue with older computer with windows 10. Any help would be appreciated.

I've sent you a PM with directions.  Let us know if it solves your problem.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
working fine now, thanks much for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's another new member with the same issue with older computer with windows 10.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2019, 01:13 PM)kengland1 Wrote: Here's another new member with the same issue with older computer with windows 10.  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

We have a registry script for forcing OSCAR to use version of the graphics engine that may solve your problem.

Download FixGraphics.reg, open Windows Explorer, navigate to where you saved the file, and double click on FixGraphcs.reg to update the registry.  You will get a variety of warning messages from Microsoft about the danger of editing the registry.  Go ahead and allow the registry changes to be made.  Restart OSCAR and see if that helps.

OSCAR has three different graphics engines available -- OpenGL, ANGLE, and Software engine.  OpenGL is the default but does not work with some older computers.  (While you can set the desired engine in the Preferences dialog, in cases like yours you cannot get to the Preferences dialog!)  The registry script forces use of the Software engine.  Later, if you want to try the ANGLE engine, go to File/Preferences/Appearance and select the ANGLE engine.  If it doesn't work after you do that, just run the registry script again and you'll be back to the software engine.

Let us know whether that worked for you.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 84 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 107 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,755 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR Lost My Profile DNowakowski 3 611 12-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5 profile name dataq1 3 514 11-30-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DST ZONE SETTING WITHIN AIRSENSE 11 PROFILE ggs5 1 537 11-13-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR Lost My Profile Poolboy 6 1,043 11-03-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Poolboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.