Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar to an older computer
RE: Oscar to an older computer
(12-29-2020, 10:56 PM)becker44a Wrote: As another avenue, I keep a Virtualbox VM loaded with Windows 7 for the few times I need to run something that isn't available in Linux.  The tricky part of running OSCAR in a VM would be making sure the USB devices were passed thru into the VM guest, so importing the SD card would work.

USB works fine in a VM running on a Mint (or Ubuntu) computer. It have been tested before OS version was out at least on Virtual Box software (VB).
On virtual Box software, You just have to download extensions software on VB and on each virtual machine.

I use Oscar on Ubuntu 18.04 (on the past) & 20.04 (now) : there is no problem.
We have done a job in the deb package to put the differents files in the good place (OSCAR suits the FHS since the version before the last one)
From France. English spoken. Equipped since end of 2009. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset since November 2023.
Linux user since 2009 --> current main distribution : Xubuntu 22.04 (laptop)
LUG (named ALDIL) Member since 2015. certifications : ITIL© and ISTQB©

Post Reply Post Reply
Midwest guy

Stupid question I know OSCAR is better with bug fixes and all sorts but Sleepyhead would run on your MAC and provide better information than myair
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2020, 05:20 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Midwest guy

Stupid question I know OSCAR is better with bug fixes and all sorts but Sleepyhead would run on your MAC and provide better information than myair
Thanks, James.

My understabnnding is that Sleepyhead is no longer miantained. OSCAR is.

Harv
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2020, 10:38 PM)midwestguy Wrote: My understabnnding is that Sleepyhead is no longer miantained. OSCAR is.

That's true. But SleepyHead will run on your computer and OSCAR won't.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-31-2020, 11:06 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 10:38 PM)midwestguy Wrote: My understabnnding is that Sleepyhead is no longer miantained. OSCAR is.

That's true. But SleepyHead will run on your computer and OSCAR won't.

Not as it stands. See http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Mac-Linux

Looking for feedback on this.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
midwestguy download version 1.0.0 beta 22 of sleepyhead it is compatible with OSX 10.7 and later Have you tried it ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, James.

I have not yet. The SD card for my machine is in the mail from my supplier.
I then need a proper SD card reader for my aged Mac.

Are you satisfied with the guidance you receive from SleepyHead?

I was bemused to note that it is at beta level 22.

Best,

Harv

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2021, 12:33 PM)midwestguy Wrote: I was bemused to note that it is at beta level 22.

I think that was a typo or stuck key.  It's really "beta 2".
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It should read beta 2.2 not 22
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, James. Just downloaded it.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 239 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 299 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
Exclaimation Import CSV from computer KK7X 2 548 10-29-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: KK7X
  Coexistence of software versions on the same pc computer Dzidzia 2 558 07-31-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Dzidzia
  Older Airsense 10 CPAP Geeksquadofun 6 845 05-20-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 903 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Running 2 Oscar on same computer DanEm 8 723 01-20-2023, 06:08 PM
Last Post: DanEm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.