Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar upgrade not working in Windows 10
RE: Oscar upgrade not working in Windows 10
I've got something else for you to look at for me.

Run the Registry Editor (Windows start button, type "reg" and it will show you the Registry Editor app.  Go to the Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OSCAR_Team\OSCAR registry key.  Is there a field named GFXEngine in the OSCAR registry key?  If there is, what is its value?

If there is no GFXEngine key, go to the OSCAR Troubleshooting Wiki page and look at the section "OSCAR starts but crashes".  Use the fix for "Any version of OSCAR" and see if that helps.  Maybe holding the SHIFT key down to set the software engine isn't working with your computer.

Here's an example of what the registry key looks like (mine is under the OSCAR-master key rather than just OSCAR because I am running a development build):

Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2020, 01:09 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: I've got something else for you to look at for me.

Run the Registry Editor (Windows start button, type "reg" and it will show you the Registry Editor app.  Go to the Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OSCAR_Team\OSCAR registry key.  Is there a field named GFXEngine in the OSCAR registry key?  If there is, what is its value?

If there is no GFXEngine key, go to the OSCAR Troubleshooting Wiki page and look at the section "OSCAR starts but crashes".  Use the fix for "Any version of OSCAR" and see if that helps.  Maybe holding the SHIFT key down to set the software engine isn't working with your computer.

Here's an example of what the registry key looks like (mine is under the OSCAR-master key rather than just OSCAR because I am running a development build):

I had to run the fix to get a value. It's 0x00000002 (2) -- I think the 2 may be because I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it from scratch with no data file -- which I actually tried once before with the same results, i.e. It lets me set up a new profile but then still says there is no profile -- but lets me edit it from the file menu. It imports the data from the SD card but won't let me view it since it doesn't find the profile.
Could I have some kind of conflict with another program?
Is there any way to get an old version back since that was working before?
Post Reply Post Reply
'2' means the Software graphics engine is selected, so holding down the SHIFT key at startup did what it was supposed to, although it didn't solve your problem.

I will send you a PM with a link to an OSCAR 1.0.1 install file. I can also send you a copy of your profile that's been properly updated to 1.1.0 and see if that makes a difference.

Your problem still looks to me like some kind of graphics/video driver problem. Another thing to try is to make sure your video driver is the latest version. If not, update to the latest and see if that fixes the problem.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am back up and running with 1.0 (yay), but need to fix the screen:

Post Reply Post Reply
Go to File/Preferences/Appearance page and adjust the font sizes.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Changing the font size doesn't fix the issue -- I can't see the top of the left hand section with the calendar, etc, and the graphs are all squeezed together. I remember having something like this when I first installed it but can't find the fix -- I think it was something I had to do outside of Oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also the other screens are so tiny as to be unreadable:

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are running a high resolution monitor, I think there is a video compatibility setting in the Properties section when you right-click on the OSCAR icon. Take a look at Properties ⇾ Compatibility ⇾ Settings ⇾ Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, did that -- though the option is to override, not disable. No change.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2020, 03:27 PM)bemused Wrote: Yup, did that -- though the option is to override, not disable. No change.

Are the current instructions in OSCAR Troubleshooting Wiki for overriding high DPI handling accurate for your system?
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 197 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,546 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  Data Files in an upgrade AlanR 2 111 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: AlanR
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 351 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,233 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  AirSense 10 LTE upgrade SGKent 5 703 01-07-2024, 11:52 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Windows 10 sleeper2460 2 806 11-01-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.