Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar vs Resscan
Oscar vs Resscan
Oscar didn't show Daily data for last night, but shows the nap I took yesterday, Resscan  showed both the nap I took and last night results.
What could be wrong with Oscar not showing last nights data, it's done this a few times.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar vs Resscan
Could you show a ResScan screenshot for the same time period for comparison.

Also, are you sure you put your SD card back in the machine?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2019, 06:15 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Could you show a ResScan screenshot for the same time period for comparison.

Also, are you sure you put your SD card back in the machine?

Yes to both
Post Reply Post Reply
R S Chart

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you clicked on the “yellow” bar (left side) of graphs at the bottom to see if there is a session turned off?

Other than that...it’s a mystery to me. You may want to take this machine back to where you purchased it along with the two graphs to show the missing data. It’s possible the machine is defective.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2019, 07:24 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Have you clicked on the “yellow” bar (left side) of graphs at the bottom to see if there is a session turned off?

Other than that...it’s a mystery to me.  You may want to take this machine back to where you purchased it along with the two graphs to show the missing data.  It’s possible the machine is defective.

Thanks OpalRose
Showing only one session
I think I might have found what it is, we’ll see after 12 noon today.
Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2019, 08:04 AM)Apnearon Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 07:24 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Have you clicked on the “yellow” bar (left side) of graphs at the bottom to see if there is a session turned off?

Other than that...it’s a mystery to me.  You may want to take this machine back to where you purchased it along with the two graphs to show the missing data.  It’s possible the machine is defective.

Thanks OpalRose
Showing only one session

Also, try rebuilding the data in OSCAR.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Splitting at noon

Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not familiar with ResMed, but I think that message may be talking about the “Session Splitting Settings.”  

Under “session storage options”, I believe the “Create SD card backup” should be checked, but it looks like that option is grayed out on your screen.

Mabye ResMed is different than Respironics, but I always thought a Cpap day was calculated from noon to noon.
Dont-know
Looking for someone on the OSCAR team to explain this.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2019, 04:46 AM)Apnearon Wrote: Oscar didn't show Daily data for last night, but shows the nap I took yesterday, Resscan  showed both the nap I took and last night results.
What could be wrong with Oscar not showing last nights data, it's done this a few times.

Two things that might lead to this issue:

1. For ResMed machines, a "day" runs from noon to noon and you cannot change a "day" to begin at other than noon.
  2. Once you have imported one session for a day you cannot later import more sessions for the day.  The ResMed importer thinks it already has everything there is to know about the day and does not process anything more for the day.   (Perhaps SleepyHead did this for performance reasons?  I don't know why.)
When you have sessions that are widely split in time, and you import data for the first session of the day and later try to import more for the day, the additional sessions do not get imported.  This is especially a problem for people who are up at night and sleep through noon or have widely separated sleep sessions and import data between sessions of the same day.

For example, a person sleeps from 6 am to 2 pm.  The CPAP machine automatically splits the sleep period at noon and creates two session records: 6 am to noon and noon to 2 pm.  Now, at 4 pm you import data.  You get the 6am-noon session as data from yesterday and the noon to 2 pm as today. Then tomorrow you do this again and import the data.  Your session from 6 am to noon from tomorrow's morning is not imported because OSCAR already has data for the day (the noon to 2 pm session from yesterday).

The work around is this: in OSCAR, select the day with missing data.  Select Data/Advanced/Purge Current Selected Day to remove all sessions for the day.  Now, import your SD card again.

Does that solve your problem?  If not, then something else is going on and we may need to see a zip file of your SD card to figure it out.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 85 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,324 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 178 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 370 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,612 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 609 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.