Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Our Pets
When I needed to retire Joella (my service dog) I wanted to get another full breed Rottie. But holy crap are they expensive. I wound up getting Mike, a Rottie mix. He's a very smart dog but I wish he were bigger.

I considered getting a Pit but couldn't find one I was interested in. I've only met a few but they've all been big softies, just like the Rotties.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-24-2012 01:05 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Sex: Male

(04-24-2012 01:00 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:  for you pitbull and chihuahua lovers my step-daughter raises pitbulls and chihuahua's. i'm not soliciting sales here, i'm just offering to show you her animal pictures on the website that i maintain. google mobtownpits to find the website.

Nice pics. (I gave Bill permission to list his site in this way (without a link) so we could see the puppy pics)... so no need to warn him. SHa_biggrin5

Quote:pitbulls are some strong animals. if you think you are controlling them on a leash, you've got it wrong. they are letting you be in control. she took her strongest at the time male, kentaro, to a pull contest in MS. he won second prize pulling the 2700 pound sled up a 5 degree incline. punisher is much bigger, stronger and younger. he clocks in north of 100 pounds.

That is FER SURE! They are extremely strong. Try playing tug of war with something they can get their teeth into and you'll be worn out within a few minutes.

I agree with Paula that Pit Bulls are generally big teddy bears by nature... they've gotten a bad rap in the media, however. It's all in how they are trained... if they're trained to be fighters, guess what? They're gonna fight.

After learning we got a Pitt Bull, my wife's uncle said something like, "I can't believe you did that!! Those dogs are vicious killers!! All Pit Bulls should be put to sleep because they're a ticking time-bomb!!".

Ah well, he's been watching TV too much, methinks. Oh-jeez

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

04-24-2012 01:13 PM
greatunclebill Offline

Members-b

Machine: Respironics System one Auto A-Flex
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreViewer

Other Comments: quattro fx full face

(04-24-2012 12:54 PM)cbramsey Wrote:  Freckles is a dog after my own heart. I ended up going to U of A myself. Big Grin

i predict may more national championships in a row for the sec with more coming for alabama. nick saban has brought bama to the top so there's no reason for him to move to another program.

my former primary doctor, george wilson, started first string left offensive guard for every game of the 1992-1993 national championship team. he lettered in football 3 years. he was also a co-captain and presented clinton the team hat when they went to the whitehouse.
04-24-2012 01:15 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset

I'm a Vols fan. The best bumper sticker I've ever seen was on a car near Knoxville that said "Beat the rush - hate Bama early".

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

04-24-2012 01:17 PM
greatunclebill Offline

Members-b

Machine: Respironics System one Auto A-Flex
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 8-12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreViewer

Other Comments: quattro fx full face

(04-24-2012 01:13 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  I agree with Paula that Pit Bulls are generally big teddy bears by nature... they've gotten a bad rap in the media, however. It's all in how they are trained... if they're trained to be fighters, guess what? They're gonna fight.

After learning we got a Pitt Bull, my wife's uncle said something like, "I can't believe you did that!! Those dogs are vicious killers!! All Pit Bulls should be put to sleep because they're a ticking time-bomb!!".

Ah well, he's been watching TV too much, methinks. Oh-jeez

here's a personal story. i've been in the pen, etc, with all of them. no problem. my favorite was olivia. i could go out there with nobody around, approach her tied to the tree, get hugs and kisses no problem. could drive the mower and she'd move out of the way. one cloudy day i was approaching her with a folded up foot long umbrella in my hand. as i approached her, without realizing it i turned my hand with theumbrella in it. she went totally berserk trying to get me. i was barely out of chain range at the time. i'm telling you, that's all it took to set off my favorite dog. if i was in range i would not be here today. now, 2 years later if i approach her she will come after me like she wants to eat me. no more best friend. you can call it what you want, you can blame it on the umbrella, but i was there facing her and know how quickly she turned on me, her friend. you can be with a dog for years and in an instant things change. i'm still not afraid. i will go around all other dogs, but make it a point to steer clear of her. it scares me to death when i see people at the flea market come along with 2 or 3 little kids and buy a puppy. what little movement will they make at a later date that will set this dog off.
04-24-2012 01:34 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

I agree Bill.. that is true of any dog. My wife has an older friend who has a little Chihuahua... that dog is friendly as can be to females, but if any man gets within 3 feet of her, she'll turn on you like a rabid, wild tiger. Sad

Many times it's due to something happening when the dog was young... being treated improperly or abused, whatever. My point is that with dogs, you have to realize that they are animals and animals can be...well... animals. Smile

In my opinion, Pit Bulls are no more likely to attack a human than any other dog... it's just that in the U.S., many of them have been trained to attack other dogs, which makes them dangerous. Train a dog correctly from a pup and you generally don't have these types of issues popping up.

In nearly every media case where you hear about a Pit Bull attacking someone, it's always done by a dog that's been trained to fight or by one that's been severely abused by a human in the past.

The city where my brother lives has a ban against Pit Bull dogs. If you get caught with one, you get fined $5000 and they put the dog to sleep. A lot of jurisdictions are making stupid laws like this.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

04-24-2012 02:25 PM
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

If in doubt contact Cesar Millans Too-funny

[Image: cesar_with_preston.jpg]
04-24-2012 02:32 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

A recent study said that the most aggressive dog is the Dachshund. They are extremely territorial. People think it is cute. When one of those bite, most of the time you don't need to go to a hospital or doctor. But when a bigger dog bites, you usually do. Which is why the count of bites by breed is horribly skewed.

I'll walk up to and ask permission to pet a big Pit but I won't even think about petting a Chihuahua.

On-line friend of mine said she had her Pit Bull and was visiting a friend who was selling their house. The friend had one of those Boston terrier things. The realtor came by to show the house and she went all nuts over the Pit and insisted the dog be restrained or removed before she would come in. Then she went to pet the wee little terrier and got bit.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

04-24-2012 02:36 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

And do NOT get me started on that idiot, the alleged Dog Whisperer. He's done more harm to the training of dogs than anyone ever.

Positive reinforcement (aka clicker training) is the way to go. That man makes me mad just thinking of him.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

04-24-2012 02:37 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Dreamcatcher Offline

Members-b

Machine: Resmed Autoset Spirit II with Quattro F/F & FX Masks
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: H4i
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

(04-24-2012 02:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  And do NOT get me started on that idiot, the alleged Dog Whisperer. He's done more harm to the training of dogs than anyone ever.

Positive reinforcement (aka clicker training) is the way to go. That man makes me mad just thinking of him.

I think the guy is amazing on what he does for troublesome dogs
04-24-2012 02:51 PM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Our Pets.2 PollCat 14 896 07-27-2016 12:53 AM
Last Post: beewalk