Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar interpretation please?
Oscar interpretation please?
Hi guys.

I know roughly how to see the basics but not much. Can anyone who’s more experienced chime in on what I should do with pressure and to reduce clear airway events and hypopnea? 

Picture shows data from last night. 16 clear airway events. 9 hypopnea events. Advice suggestions, next steps?

Home oximeter sleep test had me diagnosed with around 16.5 AHI , so moderate obstructive sleep apnea.

Also I’ve set the pressures as doctor left them on factory settings.

Thanks guys.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar interpretation please?
Increase EPR to reduce your Hypopnea and high flow limits, and possibly increase your central apnea
Reduce EPR to possibly reduce CA and increase Hypopnea and flow limits.

Since EPR is zero decrease pressure to see if it reduces CA, watch to see if OA increases.

Increase pressure to see if hypopneas and flow limits reduce (EPR is better) and watch ro see if centrals increase.

So as you see the actions to manage obstructive and centrals fight each other.  So what you look for is to create a balance between them that overall helps you the most.  In general this favors helping the obstructive issues and taking a bit of a hit on the centrals.  Perfection, elimination of most of each is rarely achieved.

Your AHI is too low to justify an ASV which at the expense of rapidly changing pressures could do both.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,181 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
Smile How is my OSCAR data looking? Help with interpretation deirdrepen 3 230 02-29-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Inconsistent sleep - OSCAR interpretation dadjackets 2 268 02-21-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 689 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 364 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need help with flow limitation interpretation Clementine39 6 447 01-14-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.