Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oura Ring data and OSCAR
Oura Ring data and OSCAR
Hi,

Can OSCAR import oura ring data? It detects sleep/awake with 99% accuracy, and 4-stage sleep with 79% accuracy (gen3 and 2022 algorithm).

I was curious because I was trying to identify if I woke up because of an apnea event. My spo2 dropped (by importing wellue o2 ring data into the app), and my movement increased. But the CPAP pressure did not change, or detect any event.

However, I did wake up because if I cross reference the oura ring data, it shows I woke up at that time. Which means the machine is not responding to my apnea event and increasing pressure, or I need more pressure?

But it would be nice to import all of this data into OSCAR. Especially with the oura ring 3 and its improved sleep stage detection algorithm.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oura Ring data and OSCAR
I never heard of this brand until you mentioned it here. As far as OSCAR importing its data, the answer is would be, no.   Does this device produce any type of data file?  If so, is it a text type file (.csv or .txt) or is it a binary data file?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well how should I make a request for the Oscar team to do this?

Now that Dream has been discontinued this is the next best thing. They are on gen3 now and I can only imagine they will get bigger with the community they have amassed on YouTube, fitness blogs, etc. especially with the breakthrough of their sleep algorithm at 79% accuracy of sleep stages. It’s much easier to wear than a watch, or headband as well. So there is a high probability that users will use it every night. It also has an SPo2 sensor which is going to be unlocked in 2022.

Here is the way to export data:
https://support.ouraring.com/hc/en-us/ar...-Oura-Data

I think it would help immensely with having the right data to see when you are waking up and why.
Post Reply Post Reply
At the price of $300, I wouldn't hold out hope of getting this included in OSCAR, at least in the foreseeable future. It would require the person writing the code to have one. Since you own one, you are half way there. You can obtain the source code for OSCAR here, https://gitlab.com/pholy/OSCAR-code

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2021, 01:38 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: At the price of $300, I wouldn't hold out hope of getting this included in OSCAR, at least in the foreseeable future.

And don’t forget the never-ending monthly subscription fee required to access your detailed data…. The device does get decent reviews, though a lot is based on vaporware promises of future features and accuracy claims not yet proven by independent scientific testing.  Still… I’d give one a try if it weren’t for the ridiculous subscription fees.

Supporting more devices is always good, but there’s limited labor available so it must be prioritized.  Given the price and the monthly subscription model, I doubt the Oura will have the same adoption rate among OSCAR users as do the various other spO2/pulse/movement devices already supported by OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Makes total sense
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 4 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 95 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.