Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Outstanding DME!
Smile 
Outstanding DME!
As of 2.5 hours ago, I am the proud owner of a new AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her!

Oh my gosh. What an wonderful experience!

I called around to DMEs in town to see if any had the equipment I wanted, and this company was wonderful to work with. They ordered the equipment the day I spoke with them, saying it would be 7-10 days (that was on the 4th), and this afternoon I got a call saying that it was in and I was the first person the RT called. She asked how my afternoon looked, and got me in at 3:00 today.

When I walked in, I felt like I had walked into Cheers. Everyone was happy to meet me.

The RT I met with to go over everything was very nice, very knowledgeable, and happy to accommodate my wishes. I told them which mask I was interested in trying, and so that's the one he fitted me with--no ifs, ands or buts. I hit the jackpot.

I had bought distilled water this weekend, so tonight's the night.

Sweet dreams!

Lamb
To all, to each, a fair good-night,
And pleasing dreams, and slumbers light.
       Scott—Marmion. L’Envoy. To the Reader.

Diagnosed with OSA in 2014
AHI=18
Lowest SpO2: 79%
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Outstanding DME!
Congrats

Now you can update your user profile Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lambsydoats,
It's great to hear that you had such a wonderful experience, how exciting.
CONGRATULATIONS,! enjoy the new machine.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrads!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
With 9.21 hours of use last night, I had just 5.4 events/hour!!
(11-11-2014, 06:36 AM)Lambsydoats Wrote: With 9.21 hours of use last night, I had just 5.4 events/hour!!

Wait. I just saw this:
AHI: 5.4
TOTAL AI: 5
CENTRAL AI: 4.1

AHI=18
Post Reply Post Reply
Go you! Are you the one who had the high centrals with the titration? If so, those should go down with use.

And you have an AUTO. Why do you have it set to just a single pressure? Is 9 the prescribed pressure? If it is, consider setting the range to, say 7 -11 then let it run that way for ten days.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2014, 12:20 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Go you! Are you the one who had the high centrals with the titration? If so, those should go down with use.

And you have an AUTO. Why do you have it set to just a single pressure? Is 9 the prescribed pressure? If it is, consider setting the range to, say 7 -11 then let it run that way for ten days.

Hi, PaulaO2. I had centrals BEFORE titration and with titration. I'm the one who was concerned because of the centrals on the 2nd take-home study (no pressure), and could not get in to see the doctor or PA to discuss it.

I do have an auto, but only because it's the one I wanted. Insurance won't pay for a new one for five years, and who knows what I may need between yesterday and November 10, 2019. Dont-know

My prescription is for 9 at this point, and that worked beautifully my first night with it. In fact, I called my RT at the DME after work today to say how happy I am with the first night's results.

AHI=18
Post Reply Post Reply
I really DO have the best DME in the world!!! I just returned from getting a different mask to try (I'm still in my first 30 days). No hassle whatsoever.

Now I have the ResMed AirFit ™ P10 Nasal Pillow. The biggest risk of leaks is when the tube is pulled down; the other directions, it took some maneuvering to get it to leak. I'm sitting in front of the computer with it on, and if I can keep my mouth closed, I can see how it would be less likely to shift and leak than the FFM.

Wish me luck!

Lamb

AHI=18
Post Reply Post Reply
GOOD LUCK! You are using the very best mask on the planet right now. Of course ymmv but that is true for me, I love it. Big Grin

Looks like the best DME on the planet gave you the best mask on the planet Dielaughing
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK Birthday Girl! You're looking real spiffy with your new headgear. Please post your impressions after your first night's sleep with the P10.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.