Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Can sleep apnea manifest itself mainly via cognitive symptoms and without fatigue ?
RE: Can sleep apnea manifest itself mainly via cognitive symptoms and without fatigue ?
I wasn't necessarily thinking of sleepiness but more of fatigue in general, but from what you tell me, I guess it's just as possible.
I have a kind of more or less constant lack of energy if that can indicate anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can sleep apnea manifest itself mainly via cognitive symptoms and without fatigue ?
I didn't notice that I was tired or sleepy or anything else before I went on a pap machine.  I had an episode of atrial fibrillation and the heart doctor said I needed to have a sleep study, as apnea can cause AFib.  So I had the study and found, to my great surprise,  that I have severe sleep apnea.  Have a sleep study and then you will know one way or the other.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I see. In a way that makes me feel better. I really hope it's just the sleep apnea that's causing this. To tell you the truth, I'm afraid it's not that (or not just that) that's causing my symptoms.
Post Reply Post Reply
the apnea can make your sleep quality bad = sleepy. 
BUT
The apnea can cause low oxygen, which your heart and circulatory system need to provide you energy, and without that, you will get fatigued. 
So, apnea is the upstream cause of fatigue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rather than asking for advice go for a polysomnography test everything will be clear if you have sleep apnea and what type of apnea you have, how low your oxygen is falling, all this questions will be answered then come here for advice then may be we'll be able to help you.  Huh
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 288 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 125 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 554 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.