Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Over a month and AHI's still high
Over a month and AHI's still high
I am sleeping some better but I'm not getting those magic numbers of 5 and under for AHI's.

Looking for what to look at in SleepyHead to figure out what my settings should be. I'd really like to get this numbers down.

In the 34 days I've had one low of 5.2 and 2 in the low/middle 6's. The rest of the nights go from 9 to 18. Average is 11.29.

Thanks for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Over a month and AHI's still high
It would make it a lot easier to answer your questions if you would post the SleepyHead screenshots of what's going on with you.

Post Reply Post Reply
For beginners it looks like your pressures could stand to be raised a bit. But we really can't know that without some statistics. Last night for instance, what was your 95% pressure, and your max pressures? If, as I suspect, you are sitting parked on your upper limit, it might be helpful to raise your minimum to about 6, and your max to 10, then watch it for a few days.

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=1311][attachment=1314][attachment=1315]
(02-27-2015, 02:08 PM)SailingAway Wrote: It would make it a lot easier to answer your questions if you would post the SleepyHead screenshots of what's going on with you.

I hope these are what you wanted.
Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2015, 03:20 PM)Gulfbreezey Wrote:
(02-27-2015, 02:08 PM)SailingAway Wrote: It would make it a lot easier to answer your questions if you would post the SleepyHead screenshots of what's going on with you.

I hope these are what you wanted.
Thanks!

I would agree with retired_guy and change to 6 min. - 10 max., and let it ride for awhile a see if your AHI's drop.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-27-2015, 02:33 PM)retired_guy Wrote: For beginners it looks like your pressures could stand to be raised a bit. But we really can't know that without some statistics. Last night for instance, what was your 95% pressure, and your max pressures? If, as I suspect, you are sitting parked on your upper limit, it might be helpful to raise your minimum to about 6, and your max to 10, then watch it for a few days.

Haven't copied since 2/24 but did upload most of my charts including the Pressure Chart as SailingAway asked for.

Looking at a few days back 95% is always max or 8cm h20. Med is 6's and 7's.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with all above,
Change pressure as suggested and watch for a week to 10 days. I would be surprised if you didn't see a difference in your AHI numbers. It sometimes take a few days to settle down, so don't get discouraged.
Sleep-well
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with the others here, especially since your median is rarely less than 6. min 6 max 10. If you start at 6, though, you will start with the same pressure support as you get during sleep... It may feel a little strange as you try to fall asleep, with the pressure dropping as you exhale. Your body likes this when you are asleep, but your brain may fight it when you are awake (or get woken up).

When I was trying to get used to starting at 6 or above, I set my ramp on and had it start at 5.5 for 10 minutes. I am usually asleep within 10 minutes (actually under 5 minutes). After a couple days, though, I just left the ramp equal to start.

Since you have a fair amount of CAs, we will be interested to find out if these settle out or get worse when you increase the pressure. So, let us know. This may be why your prescription was initially set so low. If you do get negative results you'll want to have your doctor's help getting the appropriate machine and settings to control this.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be great if you would post the detailed graph of a night you are concerned about, including the left window with the machine, event summary, settings, and the detail graphs of Events, Flow rate, Pressure and Leaks.

The summary data really doesn't tell us how events are getting past your pressure settings. I think you need to be on minimum pressure of 6.0 and maximum of 14.0 and see where that takes us. The graph we're looking for should look something like this:

[Image: 9h2EgUbl.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your results are showing a very high proportion of central apneas. Did these show up in your sleep test?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 143 10 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 124 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 688 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 153 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 104 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,412 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.