Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Overall quality of sleep
RE: Overall quality of sleep
(08-01-2016, 01:33 AM)chill Wrote: I will be right behind you! These machine collect a lot of data, but they don't record everything that might affect your quality of sleep. I had a bad night last night according to SH, but I feel great today! There is so much to learn here.

There's actually just one thing to learn here. And that is that some of the most important things in life can't be measured with numbers.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at the leaks during the 1:15-1:45 and 3:30-4:00 am time periods. These just barely miss the "large leak" threshold.

Take a look at the "Large Leak" graph on the "Overview" tab in SleepyHead and see what it shows.

Maybe someone else will comment and say whether this looks like air leaking from your mouth them them. It does to me. If that's what's going on, I'd think that would be enough to make you feel pretty bad the next morning.

Solution - chin strap or full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Philips machines do not show the mask pressure chart. I see some variability in the flow volume through the night, but the data summary is cut off so we don't know tidal volumes, etc. Overall, this is considered effective treatment, so unless you have specific concerns it's kind of hard to comment. To me, this looks like a great start, and I wouldn't change anything.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A symptom of mouth leaks is a very dry mouth when you wake up. Or the whooshing sound will wake you up. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 252 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Poor sleep quality and how it affects you p123 6 875 02-01-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: glenncol
  Poor sleep quality because of CA events? Hypoxic 20 1,210 12-20-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 624 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Diagnosis] Excellent AHI, poor sleep quality --> palatal prolapse? aquamike 5 854 12-18-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.