Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Overhead Tube Mount Airfit P10
RE: Overhead Tube Mount Airfit P10
Nah, did The Low Countries, got bored - way too parochial for us Swiss. Wink I don't know any other methods that are going to do what you want without the same problems, meaning storage, unless you do what a mate of mine did and made his own headboard that stored the whole thing in the headboard during the day and swung it out at night (had the advantage of dampening any noise from the machine or the hose, too, but it cost a bundle). Maybe a nice fluted headboard so the hose sits behind it and can be placed overhead when you need it at night, but my experience is that it tends to slide (the hose, I mean, not the headboard). Or you could get used to the hose running along the bed at chest hight. I vaguely remember seeing some sort of product out there to keep you from getting tangled up in such a situation. Also, there was a nice discussion, with photos, of some modified headbands for the P10 elsewhere on this forum.

There is the thought, based on an early fix I used for another mask, of simply getting one of those tack-on hooks to the wall over the bed, put an elastic band around the hose in a sling shape in the correct position for the hose to be long enough to dangle to the point you have the mobility you need without it piling up on the pillow, and then at night you can easily just sling the hose into place before use. The hooks are unobtrusive, no one will remark on them, and after a bit of experimentation you will get the hose length right, and after that, it would be a doddle.

Again, the device that was mentioned to you is collapsible and easily put away, and fits under the mattress for stability. It need not go behind the pillow, but on any portion of the mattress edge, whichever you find comfortable. It comes in various colours, depending on the manufacturer. It folds up like a white cane and stows anywhere, so no one has to see it, and is very compact when you need it. Tying off the short hose over the head to the head strap is a titch problematic with the P10 because the lack of a swivel in the hose which pulls the mask into a bad position, although it works a treat on the FX (that is how I modded my FX, and included an nice air conduit as well), but if you work it right, it should be fine, although I wouldn't wonder if you might find it a bit uncomfortable and possibly prone to leaks or slippage. Also there would be a risk of rubbing the skull at the point of connection and possible long term irritation to that region, including edema, and possible exema or creation of a bald spot, if the point of contact is too tight. BTW, I talked to one of the designers of the P10 and was told that the reason to not include a swivel was a weight question and removal of a possible point of failure (I have my doubts about that explanation - I maintain it was a cost issue). He did take my pointed suggestions on headstrap improvements on board, though, but I got a letter a few weeks later telling me that their research showed great satisfaction with their headstrap. I wrote back they should read these fora.

And when you need back surgery from your gym work and bouncing, professional or horizontal (and you will - I see it all the time), my practice is always open - just make an appointment. In the meantime, practice safe sex, please. A CPAP does nothing to help STDs Wink. But it is great for role playing, if your lady has a Darth Vader fantasy....
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2015, 06:54 PM)roe1549 Wrote: sgearhart,
I have been looking for some type of hose holder, but I have an adjustable bed, and no headboard. I assume this wouldn't work for me. Also, once connected to the mask, does it lift the mask hose up over your face, and if so, what about the exhaust area...does the air get directed toward your face? Any suggestions?

This holder has a mounting foot that is inserted between the mattress and its support foundation (e.g.: bed frame, box springs, etc). The weight of the mattress keeps it anchored. You don't need any headboard. I have just enough hose suspended that it stays elevated above me and allows for turning side to side without any problems. It has no effect on the exhaust of the mask, it just supports the hose. At $15 (I'm thinking about shipping) it should be worth a gamble.

I hope I've answered your questions. If not, just holler.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2015, 02:47 PM)sgearhart Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 06:54 PM)roe1549 Wrote: sgearhart,
I have been looking for some type of hose holder, but I have an adjustable bed, and no headboard. I assume this wouldn't work for me. Also, once connected to the mask, does it lift the mask hose up over your face, and if so, what about the exhaust area...does the air get directed toward your face? Any suggestions?

This holder has a mounting foot that is inserted between the mattress and its support foundation (e.g.: bed frame, box springs, etc). The weight of the mattress keeps it anchored. You don't need any headboard. I have just enough hose suspended that it stays elevated above me and allows for turning side to side without any problems. It has no effect on the exhaust of the mask, it just supports the hose. At $15 (I'm thinking about shipping) it should be worth a gamble.

I hope I've answered your questions. If not, just holler.

Thanks spearhart,
I think I will probably try it...anything for comfort. Right now, I use clips that attach to the hose then you attach to blanket or yourself. But every time I turn over they come off, then my mask gets pulled by the hoses. Oh-jeez
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OH MY GOD Oh-jeez

I will draw yall some pictures becaus you wont quit with the Hose Holders...

Can i be any more Clear in what im looking for ??????????

THIS IS WHAT I WANT TIPS ON PLEEEEEAAASE !!!Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2015, 09:18 AM)Skinny Bones Bradley Wrote: OH MY GOD Oh-jeez

I will draw yall some pictures becaus you wont quit with the Hose Holders...

Can i be any more Clear in what im looking for ??????????

THIS IS WHAT I WANT TIPS ON PLEEEEEAAASE !!!Thanks

Get a velcro cable wrap and attach it just like your picture.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sgear.

If it only was this simple. But how would you go about doing that.

Got any brighter ideas then this already brilliant one?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2015, 02:41 PM)Skinny Bones Bradley Wrote: Sgear.

If you look elsewhere on this forum (as I have said in a previous post) you will find a nice set of pictures on how to mod the head strap of the P10 and you can then make the attachment thusly. Even if you do not mod the head strap, since it is a split strap and the top part can easily rest on the top of your head, attaching the hose via a cross ring or a looped strap or elastic will work, and is easy to figure out on your own, however, as I also noted in the same earlier post, you face the problem of the shortness of the hose and the swing of it, which will cause discomfort and may pull on the mask, making it fit poorly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2015, 02:41 PM)Skinny Bones Bradley Wrote: Sgear.

Do this look close?
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c320/s.../Strap.jpg
[attachment=1231]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Dude,
I think all your brain cells may have have gone south ...it can't be that difficult to figure out...do you own or does some nice lady in your life who isn't of the "visitor" type, ie mother, sister, cousin, own a sewing machine? Or might you find a Tailor to help?

If so, Perhaps you could add a very small stretchy neoprene or heavy elastic piece to the apex-very top, of your p10 mask where you'd want the hose..It would have to be made small/tight enough that you can get the hose in it, but JUST...I have my first mask with a hose holder (the nuance) and at first I thought, no way this hose is fitting in the small space they allow for it, but I was able to pull at it and it did work. I think if the hole for the hose is too big, it won't feel secure enough. If you have a chance perhaps at a DME's office, or online, to see close up how the top of the Nuance has it's hose holding area, perhaps you can copy that idea somehow.

Meanwhile as a LADY reading this, Perhaps your best fix would be to find a "better or worse, sickness and health, death do us part" Lady who will love you c-pap and all?

Hope you find something that works.

The Manse Hen

Post Reply Post Reply
Well said ManseHen!
All sorts of things were going through my head to say to this dude, but you said it best. Rolling laugh
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,192 3 hours ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,577 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 108 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,981 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 299 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.