Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Overview tab hover is incorrect-ish
Overview tab hover is incorrect-ish
My machine is set to 15-20cmH2O. I've been seeing a trend where I am rarely going over 18 so I wanted to skim the Overview. But it says for each day that the max was 20.

In the image below, you can see the max for that night was 17.3. But the hover on the Overview day says it is 20. The 95% is correct. Is this a default? Do I need to change something? Or is it just the way it is?

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Overview tab hover is incorrect-ish
Back when we were working on Sleepyhead 1.1.0 I convinced Mark Watkins that the "Maximum" was a meaningless statistic that reflected a momentary fluctuation, in this case 20 cm may be a single reading as you end therapy by removing your mask. We settled on the 99th percentile as a more meaningful therapy statistic. OSCAR inherited that anomaly. I'm not sure how the OSCAR team wants to deal with that going forward, however I'm certain that we will document this either way. At this point, if you didn't know we changed the maximum to 99%, there is nothing out there to explain odd discrepancies like this. The maximum statistic is particularly misleading on statistics like tidal volume, but it may also affect momentary pressure recorded by a machine as well.

From a practical point of view, if you wanted to reduce your maximum pressure setting, it would probably be safe to do so with no adverse effect on your therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I may be wrong but besides the 100 vs 99% issue, it's my impression some max stats are set max and some are achieved max. unfortunately I haven't paid enough attention to note which. IIRC, someone described these in the last few months. DeepBreathing maybe?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2019, 08:40 PM)sheepless Wrote: I may be wrong but besides the 100 vs 99% issue, it's my impression some max stats are set max and some are achieved max.  unfortunately I haven't paid enough attention to note which.  IIRC, someone described these in the last few months.  DeepBreathing maybe?

i think in the case of Pressure, you are correct.  I never touch my max IPAP pressure, but the setting is how it comes out on the overview chart.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
sheepless Wrote:IIRC, someone described these in the last few months. DeepBreathing maybe?

Not guilty, m'lud!
Post Reply Post Reply
It shows the max of 20 for every night, not just that one.

Is the 95th percentile really the 99 percent?

I understand about the max not being as important as the 95%. However, I look at how many days I DO hit the max pressure. I also look at the difference between the max and the 95%.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
On the Overview chart, the maximum is the same as your setting. It appears that the height of the bar starts at the zero line as well. On my charts, there are 3 lines through the chart, and they should represent the minimum, median, and 95%, at least based on my own charts. If I want individual night statistics, I would look to the Daily Details charts and summary statistics. If you want to observe trends without particular accuracy, the Overview chart may show what your're looking for Your questions are good ones for the OSCAR team to consider for the help files. So much of this was inherited from SH, and I don't know that the Overview chart has received a lot of attention.

To correct the problem, at the very least, the label identifying the pressures should be
Settings: min 15, max 20
Median 15.72
95% 16.98
Max (from max pressure statistic).

So the maximum pressure is a labeling error in this case. I will raise this in the AST forum so we can log the error.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Overview Line Graph Jan Flikweert 13 116 11 hours ago
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  incorrect first use date kguarino1 6 317 03-07-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Oscar - past compliance is incorrect (and different to Prisma) dannahaz 8 641 02-15-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: dannahaz
  Oscar Shows Incorrect Date for Imported from Wellue O2 Ring DanaH 8 541 02-01-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Adding charts to Overview? bstabens 1 438 11-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max sopherFellow 15 2,281 09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 888 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.