Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Overwhelmed Newb - Just 1 question
RE: Overwhelmed Newb - Just 1 question
Thanks everyone. It's true I haven't gotten the machine yet. My Dr is also the DME, and the only machines they use are the ResMed. I was told it is the newest S10 (which I'm assuming is the Airsense 10), but not which variant. I actually slept through the night with the nasal pillow. The tech said I had a little trouble with opening my mouth, but the techs won't go into anymore details. They're supposed to go over everything on my next appointment and get my machine.

Thanks again. I'm off to read the Useful Links.
Happy Wife and kids
Big Yellow Jeep
Homebuilt hardtail
A Dozen Guitars
Once I can sleep, life will be perfect
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2016, 01:54 PM)partsmutt Wrote: Thanks everyone. It's true I haven't gotten the machine yet. My Dr is also the DME, and the only machines they use are the ResMed. I was told it is the newest S10 (which I'm assuming is the Airsense 10), but not which variant. I actually slept through the night with the nasal pillow. The tech said I had a little trouble with opening my mouth, but the techs won't go into anymore details. They're supposed to go over everything on my next appointment and get my machine.

Thanks again. I'm off to read the Useful Links.

The Resmed Airsense 10 is a series name that includes both dumb as a door CPAP machines, fixed pressure CPAP with data and the Autoset. Avoid the Airsense 10 CPAP. The Airsense 10 Elite is a fixed pressure machine with good data, and the Autoset is an auto-CPAP with data, and the best of the bunch. Be sure to do your homework and read the information linked by Archangel. Since you know your doctor dispenses Resmed, you can focus on that product line.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In general an expensive machine from ResMed can do anything a less expensive machine can do plus more. So, get the most expensive machine you can (insurance and cost considerations) so you can always do more with it in the future.

I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi partsmutt,

Welcome to the forum.

Neither you nor the Sleep Tech get any sleep during a sleep study.

As others have pointed out a data capable machine will allow you to get a handle on your treatment.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using my CPAP now for 8 weeks. While some people say it has changed their lives, it hasn't changed mine. That is, I haven't noticed a HUGE improvement in my daily life. BUT, I now sleep through the entire night...my wife says my snoring has disappeared...my nocturnal leg cramps have gone away (something that surprised even my doctor)...I no longer wake up congested or with dry mouth...and that's good enough for me. I didn't have much daytime sleepiness before so I'm not totally surprised. My sleep test AHI was 29 (58 in REM) and now it's consistently below 2.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-21-2016, 02:23 PM)partsmutt Wrote: I have many questions, but just one for today. What am I supposed to feel like today? I got the impression that I was going to feel OMG fantastic because I actually slept well, great, wonderful, etc etc. I just feel like me. It is quarter after 2 in the afternoon and I haven't started to doze off, so that's a very good sign. But I don't feel energetic or like running a mile.

Welcome

You're probably feeling, "WTH have I gotten myself into?"

I didn't feel much the first few weeks I started. But I listened to the advice the RT at my sleep study gave me. He said, "You're going to hate it at first. You're going to want to toss it into the closet and say the heck with it. But, please, give it just 6 weeks. 6 honest weeks of conscientiously wearing the mask every night and you will get used to it and see a difference."

He was right. It took pretty much as long as he said but now I love it. Yeah I'm weird so take that for what its worth. Smile
I hate sleeping without my mask now.

We're here. We listen. Dump your problems/questions on us. There are a lot of good folks here who went through (are going through) what you are and will help where we can. So please, don't hold back your questions. Toss them out there. We never get tired of answering questions. It's what we do. Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 219 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,156 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
Question [CPAP] Noob - overwhelmed with Oscar Data Lobelia48 9 888 02-08-2023, 03:58 AM
Last Post: chewielotuses
  [CPAP] Another Newb Help/Oscar Post Gathermewool 9 16,428 02-03-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Gathermewool
Gross Just downloaded Oscar and overwhelmed imsmitty3 7 869 10-27-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Stressed and overwhelmed N00b - Where to start? araminta 9 911 06-01-2021, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Geer1
  [Equipment] High RDI low AHI. Overwhelmed with machine choices, OSCAR data, etc.. ldinks 8 2,631 12-02-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.