Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Overwrite SD Card
Overwrite SD Card
Hello everyone,

Because the machine that I purchased from Supplier #2 did not work, I called them and they very graciously sent me a brand new, very upgraded machine. No questions asked.

I removed the SD card from my old machine and put it in the new, ASV machine. When I did, the machine said, "Do you want to overwrite: Yes, No". I said No because I didn't want information to be lost. Then it said to remove SD card and reinsert. When I did, it said "Do you want to overwrite". Answering no put me in a loop. I've tried it several times.

My question is; what does overwrite mean and what will it do if I answer yes. I am afraid of loosing all of my data.

Thanks,
Kate
:Using cpap then vpap since Feb.2013,
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Overwrite SD Card
You shouldn't try to move an SD card from one machine to another.
The SD card has the machine's serial number on it.

You will lose the data on the card when you say overwrite.
But, the new machine cannot write data to the card if you do not permit it to overwrite.

If you've been using ResScan, your data should be stored in ResScan.

You can use another SD card and save the old card... Didn't #2 send a new SD card with your replacement machine?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
No they didn't send a new SD card. How do I put the new serial number on a SD card? I guess I will have to call the supplier.

This is making me crazy. The doctor said he would give me a new DME (long story) but the front desk won't follow through. I pushed them as much as I could without making an enemy of the secretary, which I don't want to do. They keep saying that they will talk with the doctor and then they never get back to me. I miss the days when the doctor would call you back a the end of the day, sigh.

Thanks for responding so quickly,
Kate
:Using cpap then vpap since Feb.2013,
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
Just go buy a 2gb or 4gb SD card from a local store and once you insert it in the machine it'll automatically put the S/N and all the other pertinent info on the card. You won't have to do anything else.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2014, 02:58 PM)Bama Rambler Wrote: Just go buy a 2gb or 4gb SD card from a local store and once you insert it in the machine it'll automatically put the S/N and all the other pertinent info on the card. You won't have to do anything else.

... and use the clinician's menus to set your prescription settings if the supplier hasn't set that already.
Post Reply Post Reply
Get a new card but nothing to loose if you have already downloaded the data on your computer
(as always read the writing below the black line below)

The machine delete whats on the card and write a fresh summary and therapy data on the card up to 365 days
(not detailed data, detailed data data written directly on the card)
No data get written on the card if machine is never been used (new open box, zero hours) but if the machine is used machine, first check the old data been erased and just showing run hours (run hours cannot be erased)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kate,
It's good to hear they sent you a new machine, CONGRATULATIONS and best of luck getting it set up.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Or just copy everything from the card onto your computer and then let the machine overwrite it. Nothing lost. No need to go out and get a card.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,867 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  [CPAP] Will a new ResMed Airsense 10 machine overwrite data on SD Card cornishpd 4 2,402 08-09-2020, 03:15 PM
Last Post: cornishpd
  [Equipment] overwrite old data on sd card piconerd 1 1,196 03-25-2018, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,326 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.