Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed Autoset 10 Rain Out
RE: Resmed Autoset 10 Rain Out
Reviving this older thread. Over the summer I updated to an Airsense 10 too. Using the exact machine and mask it is easier for me to see what is happening. Now that it is getting colder I was able to figure out the problem. The heated hose is working. It is warm and is moisture free. The issue is the short piece of hose on the P10 mask. Being unheated it is getting condensation in it. I do use a hose hanger and the P10 hose was suspended. I reduced the moisture this by pulling down enough hose length so that the P10 hose is able to lay against me.

Even with that there is still moisture developing in the last bit of hose and on the exhaust mesh of the mask. The mesh feels damp to the touch. It is not enough to rain, but it seems to be reducing the air flow out the mesh and causing the mask to whistle. The noise seems to be coming from where the pillow meets the mask. The moisture on the exhaust mesh appears to be forcing the air out there.

So since I like the cold room my next steps are to either reduce the humidity setting (on auto now), or create a small hose cover for the P10 mask hose. Since nothing is in the main heated hose, I don't think I need to cover that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Because we live in a warmish, humid environment, I've never turned the humidity function on in my A10. I was advised to still have water in the tank, however, for passive humidity.
I've had no issues with it (in the whole two weeks of CPAP), but in the process of getting my spare mask (a Swift FX) set up for if or when my P10 needs replacing or repair, I copped my first and only rainout since the titration study.
I used the Swift for three nights with different size pillows/headgear adjustments etc, and on the second night without the little face strap covers, the condensation was awful. The other two nights I used the covers, so I figure that the little space allowed by breathable material between the edges of the pillows and the skin, might have allowed some ventilation at the pillow end, perhaps.
I haven't experienced rainout yet with the P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard some people take a sock or two and wrap the short P10 hose. In my case I just put it mostly under my blanket and clipped it to my shirt with a hose clamp available from on-line supplier.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
When I got my heated hose I cut an old hose cover in lengths a couple of inches longer than my P10's short hose and used velcro wire ties to keep the cover on the hose.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a fleece hose cover on my Climateline hose and P10. It is too short to cover the entire distance so I pull it up to within an inch or so of the P10 frame, and leave the part of the hose nearest the machine uncovered. It is much more comfortable since the plastic never contacts my skin, and it avoids the condensation that can occur in the short hose and mask in colder weather.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 37 1 hour ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,387 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 254 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 131 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 197 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 590 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 272 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.