Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter $19.95
Oximeter $19.95
Hi all. Been away for some time. But Amazon has a Concord Emerald PO for $19.95 right now, which is well below the prices I remember from last year.

Forgive me if this has been discussed...I've been off the board for months.

This thing seems to be pretty high quality. Worked immediately. Got a 98 (Whew!)

Not sure how it stacks up, but at <20 clams, it seems to be a bargain.

The reason I was even interested is because when I am lying down sometimes I feel like I can't get enough O2, like maybe the air went thin on me. Or I just am starting to feel my age.

That's a little alarming. Just clear thinking alone needs plenty of O2.

It almost makes me wonder if my APAP hasn't made me develop a dependency. That seems crazy, but is it? I never had the problem until a year after I started.

At any rate, if you are mulling a PO, this seems like a nice deal.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter $19.95
It looks very good for spot checks, it does not provide any storage or connectivity for monitoring while asleep.

I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
:roll eyes:Thank you, Captain Obvious. Of course it doesn't. It says right on the box, "CHECK your blood oxygen saturation and pulse rate." It does not say "MONITOR..."

If someone is in the market for one and does not quickly pick up on what the features are or aren't, they probably do not have enough O2 in the blood in their brain to make an informed decision in the first place.

For those who don't, this is a spot check device. No alarms, no USB, no Bluetooth, no recording, no bells and/or whistles. It will not interface with your $1300 APAP or your ridiculously-large Samsung phone. 20 bucks, ferchrissake.

For me, who just wanted a simple question answered regarding what my O2 sat is in a particular waking moment, it's perfect. Pay more if you need more. I was only trying to set a starting point for those who might have the same question regarding their health.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2016, 05:23 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote: :roll eyes:Thank you, Captain Obvious. Of course it doesn't. It says right on the box, "CHECK your blood oxygen saturation and pulse rate." It does not say "MONITOR..."

If someone is in the market for one and does not quickly pick up on what the features are or aren't, they probably do not have enough O2 in the blood in their brain to make an informed decision in the first place.

For those who don't, this is a spot check device. No alarms, no USB, no Bluetooth, no recording, no bells and/or whistles. It will not interface with your $1300 APAP or your ridiculously-large Samsung phone. 20 bucks, ferchrissake.

For me, who just wanted a simple question answered regarding what my O2 sat is in a particular waking moment, it's perfect. Pay more if you need more. I was only trying to set a starting point for those who might have the same question regarding their health.

Well, I apologize for being so stupid and taking up your valuable time with a useless comment, I will avoid wasting your time in the future.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2016, 05:23 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote: :roll eyes:Thank you, Captain Obvious. Of course it doesn't. It says right on the box, "CHECK your blood oxygen saturation and pulse rate." It does not say "MONITOR..."

Captain Obvious's sidekick Obvious Lad here.

I think it's important to point out the difference. A non-recording oximeter is not very useful for checking on your CPAP therapy, but it is a useful device in other ways.

We don't want other users to make the mistake of buying a non-recording oximeter when they need a recording model.

Amazon has the CMS-50D+ for $36 right now. The 50D+ does record.

Be sure to get the PLUS on the end. The CMS-50D does NOT record.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
You cannot become dependent on your CPAP as it does not inflate your lungs. It is incapable of it. If you are feeling out of breath this is something to definitely check with your physician. There are other things more important that can cause that. However, a blood oxygen rate of 98% during the day is excellent.

Should you ever feel the need to truly investigate your blood oxygen saturation rate, a recording model is best. Check out the Review Section as well as Supplier #19 in our Suppliers List.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I split the oximeter software discussion into its own thread. You can find it here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-software
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,216 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 672 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 808 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,865 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.