Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter CMS 50D Plus -- no data imports
Oximeter CMS 50D Plus -- no data imports
Yesterday, first day of using it, I had stopped recording on my CMS 50D Plus before connecting to computer to see the data. Then I read on a thread here that you have to leave it running or it erases the data.

So today I was careful to leave it in record mode, just finger-out status when I plugged it in. Using SPO2 Manager v1.5 by the way, which was what came with it on the little CD.

NO DATA SHOWS!???

There is a running line across the bottom of panel 1, the upper left quadrant, but there is no data in any panel.

What am I doing wrong?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter CMS 50D Plus -- no data imports
To import the data record should be off and the device should be in setting menu. It will erase the data next time you turn record on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2014, 02:23 PM)name Wrote: To import the data record should be off and the device should be in setting menu. It will erase the data next time you turn record on.
Golly. The previous stuff I read was not clear. It certainly implied that the device erased the data if you turned record off.

OK now I know. 3rd try tomorrow.

But wait...
I just now turned record off, and the data still does not show If it is not erased until I next turn it back on, then it should be there. I don't know what is going on.

Just for clarity, when the 3-line menu says "Record on," does that mean Record is NOW on--or 'command this to turn recording on?'

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it is now on. Your data should still be available.

be sure you are using the software with the green icon. I have two version the red icon one is for real time monitoring which I think is not necessary. Then you need to make a season in the software for it to import the data. When the device is connected, click on the magnifying glass then name it and after you click OK it should start importing.
Post Reply Post Reply
To confirm...you are saying that when display says
Record on
it means recording is currently enabled
NOT
that executing when pointing to that line turns it on?

I have since put it in state showing 'Record off' so I think I am done for today...if I put it back to showing 'Record on' again, it will have erased anything from today.
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software

How to use the software
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I thought I did what that says today (not yesterday)...
----------------------------------------------
Tap the button to move the arrow down to the "Record Off" level.
Tap and hold the button until it changes to "Waiting..."
The display will then say "Record On".
Tap the button to move the arrow down to "Exit".
Tap and hold the button until you see the regular screen.

Sleep and let it record.
[Turn record off after awake in morning.]

Download Data

Connect the meter to the computer via the USB cord
Tap and hold the button to bring up the Settings menu
Make sure the Record is set to Off.
Open SpO2 Review on your computer
Click the New Session button on the bottom of the screen
Enter in a name for the file and other information if needed.
(Note: leave the "connection" parts as is)
Click OK.

The software will then say "Device Detected" then will begin downloading the data.
----------------------------------------------
^^except mine didn't. I DID see the "Device Detected" notice.

I will try again tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2014, 03:41 PM)jcarerra Wrote: To confirm...you are saying that when display says
Record on
it means recording is currently enabled
NOT
that executing when pointing to that line turns it on?

to confirm, on the 50d, there's a blinking yellow dot in the upper right when it's recording, and the unit doesn't turn off when you remove your finger.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2014, 07:39 PM)jcarerra Wrote: I will try again tomorrow.

Hi jcarerra,

Congratulations for having patience!

There is no need to wait until tomorrow. You can record a new 1-minute session now, stop recording, and download the new session.

This would let you be sure you understand what works, so that tomorow's data will not somehow be lost.

Take care,
- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's way too logical, and I am totally computered-out for today. You have no idea how many simultaneous how-do-I-get-this-to-work=or=changed= in Windows 8.1 I have going on right now. I am getting emails once per 2 minutes of replies from about 6 forums where I've posted issues. This forum is the one issue not Windows 8.1 related.

By the way, I ====HATE==== Windows 8.1.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,218 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 672 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 808 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,867 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.