Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter Data Format & OSCAR
Oximeter Data Format & OSCAR
Hi!

I'm new (Aircurve 10... one month). I'm tolerating BiBAP OK I think (my MyAir score are all above 90) although I think the physical uncomfortableness and noise probably wakes me as much as the apnea did. I do really appreciate this forum...only place I've found that helps explain the data and suggest setting tweaks (and why). Thanks so much! Oh, and I love OSCAR: The Guide...really helpful.

I've almost entirely eliminated obstructive apneas (remaining are largely central...trying to improve there) and major desaturations (i.e., into the 70%tiles and even 60%tiles, with AHI varying a lot...mild to severe but usually in the high moderate range with scary desaturations). Now (after starting BiPAP) it's unusual for my SpO2 to drop below 90% (with my average usually 96%) although my AHI can be less than 2 and still have an occasional desaturations into the low 80%tiles. So, I'm actually somewhat more interested in tracking desaturations than events, although I know that the two correlate to some extent.

So, syncing SpO2 data with OSCAR would really be helpful. I'm willing to buy a new pulse oximeter that is clearly compatible with OSCAR but I have maybe six months of sleep data from an EMAY oximeter. I can download the data as a .csv Excel file and several of the formats in OSCAR see the file but no data uploads/syncs, which I assume is because the EMAY data are formatted differently. I'm not at all a programmer but I saw the OSCAR scripts somewhere...maybe I could figure this out (or maybe a new oximeter makes more sense). I attach .png files of OSCAR and EMAY output. Is there a relatively simple format conversion that would allow Dreem or Somnopose to read the EMAY file? I did check the apnea board and the only post with specifics was for accelerometer data.

Best wishes (and Happy Belated Thanksgiving!)!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter Data Format & OSCAR
I'm going to respond to your efforts to clean up the CA events. Keep everything the same, but change Trigger Sensitivity from Medium to High in clinical settings. That's all. I think you can probably do fine without ramp, but it doesn't seem to be hurting anything.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
purplebear,

For replacement oximeters take a look at the Contec and Viatom/Wellue brands, they are listed in the wiki: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Oximeters
The data can be imported into OSCAR pretty easily. Contec is Windows only software, Wellue is Windows and Mac.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,
Thanks. I did already increase trigger to high and I think it helped (went from about 2.5/hr to 1.5/hr) based on advice you gave someone else. Been at high for about two weeks. Do you think I should try very high?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
Very high setting does help some members. It's worth a try. Go with what feels best after a trial.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
I received my Wellue Checkme O2 Max yesterday (11/26) and used it last night.  Posted my experience on another thread.  Was able to import data into OSCAR and look at CPAP and oximeter data merged together.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I just ordered the same oximeter. I do know that I can have a low AHI (not as low as yours though...more like 1.5) but can still have significant O2 drops although mine do correlate with central events.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2022, 01:45 AM)purplebear Wrote: Thanks! I just ordered the same oximeter. I do know that I can have a low AHI (not as low as yours though...more like 1.5) but can still have significant O2 drops although mine do correlate with central events.

Ya, my AHI is generally below 1, but still awake frequently without correlation to apnea events.  Had a couple of 85% O2's last night!  Not sure if Resmed CPAP data is correctly synced time wise with oximeter. I intentionally shallow breath while awake and look at oximeter readout.  It will drop below 90% within 5-10 seconds.  I know I shallow breath, but they don't always show up as a hypopnea event.

BTW, when I sync the Checkme O2 using the USB cable to Windows it doesn't always download the oximeter sessions.  Have had to do it a few times.  When I sync using my Android it pulls the data onto the Android and then I have to plug the Android into my Windows machine using USB cable, located the files on Android and copy them to my external drive.  Extra steps, but a backup if I have issues with the Checkme USB method.

I set Checkme to use a directory on an external drive so it doesn't take up space on C:.  I also have OSCAR on that external drive.

You can export the data from Checkme on Windows to a .csv file and then load that into Excel to do your own analysis.

Enjoy
Post Reply Post Reply
Discovered that the Android app can export the data to a Google Drive, which makes it one step and it works all of the time vs intermittent using Windows app.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,211 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 399 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 172 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.