Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter Info
RE: Oximeter Info
its a real pain in the butt to get a good night's sleep Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2016, 03:04 PM)membus Wrote: As Possum already mentioned 0 oxygen levels means you are dead.

You will be dead long before the levels reach 0. After you are dead the oxygen in the now non circulating blood will have nowhere to go, so I would be surprised if the level ever reached 0.

I remember watching a documentary where a man who had climbed to the south col of mount Everest measured his O2 levels at 35%! He was still coherent and managed the extra 3000 or so meters of altitude to the summit with just his lung power. Heaven knows what they were at the summit.

Of course he was a highly fit athlete at sea level and spent a long time acclimating to the altitude before the summit push.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2016, 08:27 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: I remember watching a documentary where a man who had climbed to the south col of mount Everest measured his O2 levels at 35%!

I'm sure if I'd seen 35% O2 levels in my PSG, I'd have a heart attack Smile Thanks for the info..
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=2060] so here is last night with minimum pressure bumped to 12 and tape around the oximeter...not feeling as rested as the prior night but O2 levels look good.

Any idea what the gray bars (in flow rate graph) represent? I get them occasionally but some nights I get none. The manual refers to green bars in the flow rate graph, but not gray.

thank you !
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 07:21 AM)app1nag Wrote: so here is last night with minimum pressure bumped to 12 and tape around the oximeter...not feeling as rested as the prior night but O2 levels look good.

Any idea what the gray bars (in flow rate graph) represent? I get them occasionally but some nights I get none. The manual refers to green bars in the flow rate graph, but not gray.

thank you !

The gray bars are major leaks. For a Resmed that is usually anything over 24 lpm.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 07:21 AM)app1nag Wrote: so here is last night with minimum pressure bumped to 12 and tape around the oximeter...not feeling as rested as the prior night but O2 levels look good.

One thing you can do is adjust the y-axis of the graphs. For instance the Pulse Rate graph starts from 45 and goes up to 245. The reason for that is that the y-axis is set the auto adjust by default and any misreadings due to the oximeter gives some unrealistic data like 245. If yo look closely to the graph you can see that the maximum pulse rate you get is below 95. So, you could easily override the default setting to show min 45 and max 95. This way you can have a clearer look on your readings. How you do this is by right clicking on the y-axis scale and changing the setting.

The same applies for the SpO2 and all other graphs as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2016, 08:27 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 03:04 PM)membus Wrote: As Possum already mentioned 0 oxygen levels means you are dead.

You will be dead long before the levels reach 0. After you are dead the oxygen in the now non circulating blood will have nowhere to go, so I would be surprised if the level ever reached 0.

This comment was intended to be tongue-in-cheek and point out the virtual impossibility of obtaining an "real" 0% SPO2, but way to call it out. Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 11:00 AM)membus Wrote:

One thing you can do is adjust the y-axis of the graphs. For instance the Pulse Rate graph starts from 45 and goes up to 245. The reason for that is that the y-axis is set the auto adjust by default and any misreadings due to the oximeter gives some unrealistic data like 245. If yo look closely to the graph you can see that the maximum pulse rate you get is below 95. So, you could easily override the default setting to show min 45 and max 95. This way you can have a clearer look on your readings. How you do this is by right clicking on the y-axis scale and changing the setting.

The same applies for the SpO2 and all other graphs as well.

done, thanks !
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2016, 11:09 AM)Possum Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 08:27 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:

This comment was intended to be tongue-in-cheek and point out the virtual impossibility of obtaining an "real" 0% SPO2, but way to call it out. Too-funny

Just shoring up my pedantry credentials...
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,211 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 202 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.