Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just got my Own APAP - a ResMed S9!
RE: Just got my Own APAP - a ResMed S9!
Cat muzzle...tempting...but our girl would protest. She has not yet tried to chew on any CPAP hoses so I guess I just running paranoid due to the cost. But, since the S9 can be used without the humidifier I can always fall back on the 3 week old hose I am using for "the brick".
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ev, good job getting your S9! That's tremendous.

About the cat thing: She probably won't chew the hose......... Use it as a scratching post? Yeah, that could happen. What I do to keep my killer attack puppies away from my mask and machine is I have a picture of the machine with a red circle & a line drawn through it taped to the table. Unfortunately I forgot to include the chinstrap when I took the picture.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2014, 07:44 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Hi Ev, good job getting your S9! That's tremendous.

About the cat thing: She probably won't chew the hose......... Use it as a scratching post? Yeah, that could happen. What I do to keep my killer attack puppies away from my mask and machine is I have a picture of the machine with a red circle & a line drawn through it taped to the table. Unfortunately I forgot to include the chinstrap when I took the picture.

Ah, pets, what would we do without them!
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2014, 08:22 PM)Evpraxia Wrote:
(09-20-2014, 07:44 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Hi Ev, good job getting your S9! That's tremendous.

Ah, pets, what would we do without them!

Relax

Rest

Be lonesome
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I was just getting the APAP set up on my nightstand and realized the antenna on the modem (yup, Providence wants data when THEY want data) will be very enticing for our cat. No problem with putting the Chew Stop on the antenna and the cord. Discovered she had tried to bite through the power cord for the alarm clock; put Chew Stop on that as well. Maybe get some of the cord protector stuff that encloses the cord and is Really hard.

She HAS chewed on the antennas of Wi-Fi equipment, so I am forewarned.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 561 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,411 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 585 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.